• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Wing Liang has... Interesting taste.

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

It's the new meatspin.

Mt_Goat
    edited May 2018

Now for an update that I am especially happy with. I recently acquired a Strela "Civil" CI38CYM, #670 of 999 made. A grail of mine, very difficult to find. Uses the Poljot 3133 chronograph (also getting increasingly difficult to find).

primesuspectMt_GoatBuddyJ
    edited July 2018

Enjoy! These are fantastic pieces. I have enjoyed every minute with the Strela Agent CYM, which uses the 3133 that I got some time ago. I take it you gave over 6 cough, cough hundred for it.

Edit:
    I have replaced the pictures with my own instead of one from ebay. I do like that it is 099/999. I wouldn't mind meeting up with @Thrax to compare Civil and Agent versions over a beer some time.

BTW I have been eyeing the Cosmos and having a hard time farting that hard. ;)

I gave less. Much less. :)

Mt_GoatBuddyJ
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

edited July 2018

Just got my latest piece. A 1982 vintage Soviet Buran Sub chronograph built on an early Poljot 3133 movement. It is also #632 of 980. Now I have a modern Strella Poljot and a vintage Soviet era Buran Poljot.

ThraxprimesuspectBuddyJ

I really want to thank @Thrax. If it were not for his interest in watches and starting this thread, I would not have got back to my renewed love of them. It seems that I am a bigger watch junkie than I ever was.

primesuspectCB
    edited July 2018

The Konstantin Chaykin 'Carpe Diem' is a very interesting and provoking mechanical masterpiece as well as an interesting piece of art. Only 5 were made. The hourglass works by way of a shutter system. And look at the detail!

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/konstantin-chaykin-carpe-diem-hour-glass-watch/

AlexDeGruven
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

I'll have to look deeper into Vanitas. Not something I've come across before. I like the idea, though.

Covered in Vanitas imagery, the Carpe Diem encourages you to consider death and your own mortality every time you glance at your wrist.

Or, as Red would say "Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'"

Mt_Goat

What can I say. I am obviously into the Ruski watches and just scored another. This is a Buran Square with a Vostok 2614.02 movement. This was a deal and is one of the best looking watches I now own. It is also almost silent for a mechanical watch.

primesuspectBuddyJ
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Wow that is awesome Goat!

edited July 2018

Got another in the mail today. It is a Vostok #431307 Komandirskie "Paratrooper" edition. This is a remake of an old Soviet Vostok watch. It had a Vostok movement 2414A with 17 ruby jewels, luminous hands (no longer the radioactive type) and locking screw down winding cap.

BuddyJ
  • BlueTattooBlueTattoo Boatbuilder Houston, TX Icrontian

@Mt_Goat, I really like the square one.

Mt_Goat

@BlueTattoo said:
    @Mt_Goat, I really like the square one.

I couldn't make up my mind between this one and the same in a silver color with Roman Numerals. After having the gold watch for a little while it has grown on me even more. So I have now ordered the silver version.

I'm going on year six of working for a watch company, and now my son @TheRedburn is in on the game. He got hired full time as a watch repair tech after being trained for nearly six months. It's becoming a family affair. Recently his sister Ethelia (Tracey's daughter) mentioned that she didn't have a watch like everybody else did, so I started her down that road with her first Timex and she LOVES it. A new watch fan is born.

BlackHawkCrazyJoeMt_GoatBuddyJ

Just picked up 2 more. This post will be the first. It is another Buran square on the 2614.02 movement. This is just like the gold colored one I posted previously but silver color, roman numerals, large second hand instead of a subdial and with a Milanese band.

edited August 2018

Next is a Vostok Amphiba that celebrates 50 years since the first woman in space 1963-2013. The first woman was Valentina Vladimirovna Tereshkova who flew in Vostok 6 and orbited the Earth 48 times in 2 days 2 hrs 50 minutes. She is also the only woman to go on a solo mission to space. She went by the call sign of "Чайка" (Seagull).

There is no way to be certain of the authenticity of this being an original piece. But it is still a cool as well as good looking dial on an original Vostok that is as new.

drasnorBuddyJCrazyJoe
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

I like that one. I may have to get another Vostok to go with my Tank Watch.

edited September 2018

I am looking at getting an aviator next. They seem to be split between silver and black from what I find. Although there are a few exceptions the diehard models are in those 2 finishes. I am leaning toward a black one and just wondering what anyone else prefers in this district style. So far I am hooked on this one. Yea, I know, I'm a whore for this guys shit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pilot-Berkut-Chronograph-Poljot-31681-Russian-ANALOG-WATCH-SAPPHIRE-GLASS-Black/332537946054?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20180518102055&meid=66ffcee187e04af89e2a36b191370616&pid=100971&rk=3&rkt=15&sd=273419993773&itm=332537946054&_trksid=p2481888.c100971.m5488&_trkparms=pageci:27a587a2-c2a2-11e8-be22-74dbd180a2e7|parentrq:1d15679a1660a9c9e16ea6a9fff76f41|iid:1

BuddyJ

Well I pulled the trigger and it's being shipped.

BuddyJ

I absolutely hate Chicago ISC (USPS). I finally got the watch above that was ordered a month ago. The package was held up there for over 2 weeks. But I now have it and added the sharkstooth band I bought to go on it.

AlexDeGruvenBuddyJ
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Nothing is more Icrontic than going to Original Pancake House with @primesuspect and @cola, and Brian giving a stranger a discount code to Shinola because he saw him browsing their site in the mile-long Saturday line.

GnomeQueenAlexDeGruven

Seniority has its perks

keto
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    edited March 2019