If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

ICNY 2018 - New Yearsss Travel & Sleeping Plans (RSVP)

HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chefAustin Icrontian
edited 25 Nov in Events

Arrival and ride coordinations here. Yes, I know its early, I'm a real go getter this year :)

Kaintenance

Comments

• HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

@Thrax and @HumerusMeg

Arrival DL 5045: Friday December 28th 11:06am, no transportation needed, renting a car
    Staying at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit-Southfield

Departure DL 5237 January 2nd 3:40pm

LincprimesuspectTushonThrax
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit, MI Icrontian

Let's also call this the "In" thread so we know who's coming.

Aaron and I will arrive home Fri Dec 28 in the evening.

• Ok. Bear and I would like to join.

ThraxLincprimesuspectcolaPinkInDetroit
  • maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian

We are also in, plus the usual pup situation please. Dates still TBD till we figure out family stuff.

primesuspectLincThraxPinkInDetroit
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Not as tall as Bobby Tallbeer. Twilight Sparkle is overrated. Meechigan Icrontian
    edited 27 Nov

Coming in with a solid "maybe?"

It's possible I'll be in Chicago for the entirety of New Years playing with my new niece (September) and nephew (March).

Edit: More in than out (unf). Probably not Chicago-ing.

primesuspect
  • SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Detroit, MI Icrontian

in -- myself and @sazboom and possibly daughter

Linc
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

I volunteer as tribute to make dinner for NY if people are interested? @Linc @Tushon @GnomeQueen @TiberiusLazarus @Sazbean @sazboom @AlexDeGruven

Linc
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I'm happy to help plan/execute meals as well.

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

In. @LeahVoice as well, natch.

Interest in a beer tasting?

Linc
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Not as tall as Bobby Tallbeer. Twilight Sparkle is overrated. Meechigan Icrontian

That would be wonderful, but I still won't be there for NYE proper. I still have standing plans for that night.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

I can also do a cooking. Or a baking. Whatever.

Ditto on yes to beer tasting that isn’t New Years Eve. My preferred style is “whatever smattering of weird shit you wanna show us”. 😁

RyanMM
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

Maybe pending working and wifey schedule

primesuspect
  • SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Detroit, MI Icrontian

@HumerusMeg Yup -- I'd be interested in helping with dinner -- specifically NYE probably -- I have to work on the 1/2 and 1/1 dinner is probably going to be family-ish :)

Alright. We'll be getting in some time on the 30th, and leaving at 6pm on the 2nd. We'd appreciate a pickup/ride from/to the airport. We will most likely not be bringing Bug :(

Have y'all ever had a baked potato with baked beans & cheese on top for breakfast? I had it in England during college and it rocked my world. It feels like a helluva New Years Day wake up.

GnomeQueen
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

@Linc said:
    Have y'all ever had a baked potato with baked beans & cheese on top for breakfast? I had it in England during college and it rocked my world. It feels like a helluva New Years Day wake up.

Uni students there live on that shit hungover, that and a full English.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter about English college breakfasts

GnomeQueen
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

Yo dawg, I herd you like potatos, but waffles covered in maple syrup and ice cream are the best way to start the new year

@RyanMM said:
    Yo dawg, I herd you like potatos, but waffles covered in maple syrup and ice cream are the best way to start the new year

That is way too much sugar for a hangover

ThraxHumerusMeg

I mean we can def do a brunch thing and a dinner thing?! I can instrument a vote

Okay. New years day eatings survey: https://goo.gl/forms/a92x8s5sSqXrr7uz1

I would be happy to make last year's soup or the previous year's spaghetti.

edited 9 Dec

I am sorry for those whom have already completed poll. Jackie has offered to make yummy eats so I added them to the poll :) please redo it you have already completed

@HumerusMeg said:
    I am sorry for those whom have already completed poll. Jackie has offered to make yummy eats so I added them to the poll :) please redo it you have already completed

Lol sorry, should have clicked your poll before messaging.