Come play Destiny 2 on PC with me

sazboomsazboom White Lake MI Icrontian
edited November 2018 in Gaming

Destiny 2 for PC is free until Nov 18th. https://www.destinythegame.com/battlenet

Come play a beautifully designed PvE solo/coop shooter with a great story, wonderful voice acting, and tons of content.

Reach out to Sazboom online to get an Icrontic Clan invite as well as a party invite any time. Very happy to help new players.

Comments

• sazboomsazboom White Lake MI Icrontian

Also, @primesuspect if we get a few Icrontians, can we get a Discord channel as well?

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

If you get enough to justify it, sure

• trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    edited November 2018

It was fun until the 1st expansions dropped and locked out a bunch of content. I havne't touched it since.
    It lacked a lot of QOL features for a MMO. The map was terrible and matchmaking had to be done outside of the game.
    Maybe its improved since. I guess for free you have nothing to lose. The campaign was at lease solid.

Yeah, Destiny 2 has a tough rep to beat right now. They made some bad decisions early on with expansions. Activision & Bungie did a bunch of make-goods this latest expansion to address their pass sins. I believe this free version of D2 part of that meia culpa. But everyone who I've talked with that has given the game a second try says they're having a blast playing it, so past mistakes aren't really hurting current players. YMMV

I should mention in all this, I am NOT a PvP player. Like, at ALL. I don't do the Crucible (PVP arena) or the Gambit (PvE teams with PvP incursions) I appreciate D2 for its coop PvE gameplay, story, and raids. For that, D2 is a really fun experience that has a ton of meat on its bones for repeated play.

Massalinie
  • MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

I have downloaded it but still have to play to the part where multiplayer becomes a thing. :-P

Yeah, I can't even begin to explain that logic for an MMO to block multiplayer for the first block of hours in the game. Makes no sense to me.

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2018

The game was never really marketed as an MMO, though. The community sort of assigned that genre to it. It pulls elements, but it does that from a lot of genres.

That aside, they implemented a lot of really great changes throughout Destiny 1, and ultimately ended up with a "bad" Destiny 2 because of the community complaints about the D1 changes. They streamlined a lot of stuff, and oversimplified others. Now with Forsaken, they're back closer to what the ending Destiny 1 experience was.

It's a fun game, with some flaws. Give it a chance, and you'll have some fun. :)