SwissMiss is gone

adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian
edited November 2018 in Community

Previously, I told you the story of my wife, Cathy, aka SwissMiss in online gaming, and her battle with ovarian cancer. For a little while, it looked like she might beat the disease. However, she lost that battle this morning. I am numb with grief. Let me introduce you to her in a picture taken before she became ill. Be at peace doll. You were and still are my everything. <3

MiracleManSThraxCrazyJoeSonorousTushonGnomeQueenprimesuspectRyderRyanMMLincAlexDeGruvenBobbyDigiaspieRommelCBBuddyJKwitkomertesnGargNiGHTSCliff_ForstermaliaMt_GoatCreeperbane2ChoochMassalinieCyrixInsteadBasilQCH

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Oh @adarryl I am so, so sorry. Please know that we are all thinking of you and your tremendous loss this day. I hope you can find peace quickly, though I know it seems impossible right now.

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

I can't imagine what you're going through. My deepest condolences.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

I am so sorry @adarryl

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

I'm so sorry. I know that hardly does it justice. But I'm so, so sorry. :(

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

I'm so sorry for your loss <3

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

No words. :(
    I hope you can find some comfort in family and friends.

• I am so sorry for your grief, I can't imagine. My wife has been treated for a less aggressive cancer, there is nothing right about cancer, it is horrible.

Cathy was beautiful. I went back and read one of your old posts, you said she was a teacher. I know she will live on in the memory of the students that she taught and guided.

Wishing you peace and healing.

• adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian

Thank you for your kindness everyone. Now I have a request and maybe you can help me with it. Before Cathy passed, she left 2 voicemail messages on my cellphone, a Samsung Galaxy J36v. My carrier is Verizon Wireless. I very much want to save those voicemails to my computer or CD just to hear her voice again. I have searched online but have not been successful with the methods I found. I am overwhelmed right now and easily confused by technical things due to my emotions over her loss. Can you help me? Thanks!

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    1. Install a visual voicemail application and try to save the message. Both the phone and your carrier+plan must support visual voicemail.
    2. Connect to headphone jack of your phone to the line in jack on a computer and record the audio on the PC while checking the messages.
    3. Install a call recording application on your phone and record the voicemail call. This requires phone support.
    4. And a suggestion via @NiGHTS: try contacting Verizon CSRs and see if they will assist.
    LincMassalinie
  • adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian

Thank you @Thrax! Option 2 in your list did the trick using Audacity. The recordings are faint but audible as she was nearing her end. I will cherish these final moments with her for as long as I draw breath.

primesuspectLincKwitkoGargThraxMt_GoatNiGHTSGnomeQueenmaliaRyanMMMassalinieBasil
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

If you don't delete the voicemail they should also last a long time on the Verizon server. If you are unhappy with quality you could re-try with different settings. Also make sure volume on phone is all the way up, will provide stronger input to PC

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

If your phone has visual voicemail, you can forward it to an email address, as well. You might need to do some conversion work on the output file if your computer can't manage it natively, but that is another route.