Any watch nerds on Icrontic?

Comments

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

So it's supposed to be a picture of every watch work by James bond

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian

Just got my grail. It is the "Cosmos" watch I have been wanting in a new larger size. The previous models were all in a 38mm case while this new model is in a 42mm case. It is still powered by the same 3133 movement as the others as well as 2 of my other acquisitions. While there are and have been several variations on the theme, I have always liked the black face with all cyrillic. It is now my third 3133 movement watch. In the last pic left to right are my Buran "PLARB",Cosmos and Strela "Agent".

ThraxBuddyJprimesuspect

Added a stainless sharkstooth mesh bracelet. I think it plays well with the watch. I found after putting the same style but black pvd on my aviator that these bracelets are very comfy and allow good air circulation, so as not to sweat in warm weather.

• I need a new timepiece for a formal event in a couple months, but I was hoping to find something that I could wear daily. Something tasteful, simple but with just a hint of classy.

I've been eying this up. Anyone with better knowledge have anything for me? I'm not very versed on timepieces. I know some movement basics, and somehow having a automatic movement built in Japan seems like it might be of reasonable quality especially when you consider the price here, but I know so little about this. I know I don't care for busy watches with extra dials and such, I want something ultra simple, it's a basic timepiece, but more than anything it's a piece of wrist jewelry to replace my Garmin Vivofit when I don't want to look like an IT Hobo.

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/seiko-mens-automatic-presage-black-leather-strap-watch-40.5mm?ID=5865494&pla_country=US&cm_mmc=Google_Watches_PLA--G_LIA_Watches_All_Watches--307982128294--pg1050940633_c_kclickid_bf1e631a-6704-4e09-95e0-e280786b752b_KID_EMPTY_1617038350_60331943759_307982128294_pla-326443748383_29665190345USA__c_KID&trackingid=469x1050940633&m_sc=sem&m_sb=Google&m_tp=LIA&m_ac=Google_Watches_PLA&m_ag=All_Watches&m_cn=G_LIA_Watches&m_pi=go_cmp-1617038350_adg-60331943759_ad-307982128294_pla-326443748383_dev-c_ext-_prd-29665190345USA&gclid=CjwKCAjw_MnmBRAoEiwAPRRWW5WDiMZ617sUM33LSxwbJGN1f5sUh9USZNSOP6aQcKPEMyhN_h4zmhoCkUcQAvD_BwE

edited May 2019

Class, style, not cashing in the farm. My first choice would be something from here.
    EDIT:
    The important part. They are an excellent quality.

https://www.orientwatchusa.com

Cliff_ForsterBuddyJ
  • Thanks @Mt_Goat - I love the look of a couple of the Bambino models. You may have saved me near $200.

Mt_Goat
    edited May 2019

@Cliff_Forster, I have always found these interesting. They would make a great dress watch and have a very good proprietary movement for a real low price.

https://www.poljot24.de/en/marken/luch/lutsch-37471763.html

edited May 2019

OK @Cliff_Forster, I have now been pushed over the edge and ordered the metallic version of the Luch one handed watch. They come in a white, black or metallic face. I love the minimalism, clean lines and slender thickness. Most good one handed watches start at $1,000 and many are twice that. So for $127USD including Express shipping ($18 less for standard) I was able to purchase a high quality specialty watch with a proprietary movement, 2 leather straps and from a maker with a long history.

BTW, note that this color face may be a preorder with a delay of a couple of weeks. And I have dealt with Julian many times as has quite a few others from various watch forums. He has a sterling reputation.

https://www.poljot24.de/en/marken/luch/1762.html

BuddyJketo
  • @Mt_Goat Thank you for your recommendations. I just purchased two Orient Automatics, a Sentinel for casual and a nice Bambino as a dress watch. I'll post them when they come in.

Mt_Goat

@Cliff_Forster said:
    @Mt_Goat Thank you for your recommendations. I just purchased two Orient Automatics, a Sentinel for casual and a nice Bambino as a dress watch. I'll post them when they come in.

No problem, I enjoy the hunt as well as helping out. I even purchased another watch in the process! :eek3:

• Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited May 2019

Casual, Orient Sentinel

Mt_Goat
  • Dress, Orient Bambino -

Mt_Goat
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

I love Orients. I have a white Senator and a Blue Mako (older style with the screw down date pusher) and they're both excellent and keep great time.

Mt_Goat
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

I also like Orient.

I have an Orient Esteem, Cosmos, and Symphony. Nice watches for the price.

Mt_Goat

Now I am in a dilemma. I'm looking for something more but dont want to spend much more than 1,000us. After some serious scouting I have come up with 2 I like a lot and are at the lower end of each brand. I like each for different reasons but I don't know which I really should get. It is likely which one I get will be fitted with a nice leather dress band. Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.

https://www.muehle-glashuette.de/en/wristwatches/functional-wristwatches/panova-blau/

https://www.alexander-shorokhoff-shop.de/en/boutique/sixtythree-3/?_ga=2.204170064.1101105964.1558476297-1306615555.1558476297

The Shorokhoff's movement is a step or two above the Muhle I believe, and it's a dressier design. That'd be my choice.

edited May 2019

@BuddyJ, Since you like the Shorokhoff Sixty Three. How do you like this Vintage 5 from him? At the price on this site it appears to be a real good deal. I would put a dark burgundy or espresso leather band on it.

https://www.poljot24.de/en/sale/as-v5-b.html?___SID=U

That's awesome! I'd wear it.

Mt_Goat

@BuddyJ said:
    That's awesome! I'd wear it.

So, I guess that means that you would pick the last one I posted. After posting I started leaning hard in that direction. And IT IS THE LOWEST RUN OF THE 3 BY FAR. 25 pieces isn't very many and unheard of at that price.

Well that came out to $861.61. Not bad for what I will receive.

BuddyJ
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2019

Casio remastered the G-Shock: the Full Metal 5000

BuddyJ
    edited June 2019

The last 2 additions mentioned above arrived a while back but I have been too busy to do much. I still don't think I got good pic of either yet but dont want to wait any more. First is the Luch "One Handed Watch". I decided after I ordered that I like the white face better than the metallic face . So I switched my order. I also put a better strap on it that really makes it look dressy. When I swapped straps I put the buckle from the Luch strap on the new one. I think it's pretty sharp now.

edited June 2019

I went a bit further out than usual when I purchased this Alexander Shorokhoff Vintage 5. It is based around a Swiss made Lanco movement from the 1960's that has been completely updated and rebuilt as well as engraved. The case is 40mm x 8.1mm and the old style domed crystal is 2mm high and made of anti reflective sapphire glass. There is also a Sapphire glass display back on the watch. It also came with an extremely soft calfskin leather strap. I replaced the strap with a darker dressier strap and a polished clasp instead of a buckle. Oh yea, only 25 were made and this one is 23/25.

BuddyJ

I hopped on the Watchuseek Elektronika project. $38 for something a little more unique than a Casio.

Module:
    Technochas 55B

Functions:

• time (24 hour format)
    • full calendar
    • hour chime
    • alarm (5 melodies)
    • stopwatch
    • countdown timer
    • rate correction (+/-6.3s/d)
    • light

Dimensions:
    40 x 33 x 6.5mm. Lug width 18mm

Case material:
    Stainless steel

Crystal
    Mineral

Water Resistance
    Rain/splash resistant

Strap or bracelet (or none supplied)
    To be determined

Estimated unit price:
    2400 RUB (watch only)

Number to be produced:
    To be determined

Estimated delivery time
    3 months

Mt_Goatprimesuspect

Ooooh I think I want one. Come on jobbbbb!

BuddyJ

Wearing my Cosmos all week to celebrate Moon week. If it wasn't for the Soviets, we would likely have not gone to the Moon.

BuddyJprimesuspectdrasnor

If you haven't at least signed up for it yet @primesuspect you should. At the rate the project is progressing we're still quite a bit away from having to put any money down, but by having your name on the list they can negotiate the final qty to be built and you'll have a much easier time getting one.

edited October 2019

My new daily driver. This was Kyle's. He loved it. It got banged up in the collision but still works flawlessly. I went and got a new strap today. This is the Shinola Lake Huron Monster. Movement is Sellita SW-200 automatic

BobbyDigiThraxAlexDeGruvenLincdrasnorMt_GoatBuddyJ
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Brian gave me the watch that Kyle was given when he was converted to full-time at Shinola. He told me the story of how he wordlessly flaunted it as a way of announcing he’d gotten the job. There are lots of small nicks on the casing, showing how much he wore and loved this thing. I went with Brian yesterday to get it resized - just 1 link removed.

BobbyDigiRyderdrasnorMt_GoatAlexDeGruvenBuddyJ

@BuddyJ said:
    I hopped on the Watchuseek Elektronika project. $38 for something a little more unique than a Casio.

Module:
    Technochas 55B

Functions:

• time (24 hour format)
    • full calendar
    • hour chime
    • alarm (5 melodies)
    • stopwatch
    • countdown timer
    • rate correction (+/-6.3s/d)
    • light

Dimensions:
    40 x 33 x 6.5mm. Lug width 18mm

Case material:
    Stainless steel

Crystal
    Mineral

Water Resistance
    Rain/splash resistant

Strap or bracelet (or none supplied)
    To be determined

Estimated unit price:
    2400 RUB (watch only)

Number to be produced:
    To be determined

Estimated delivery time
    3 months

Obviously it's a bit later than the 3 months that was expected, but this project is a go! It's not too late to get on the wait list for one of these bad boys if you never signed up. Chances are pretty good you can get one as the total number hasn't been finalized.
    Here's the sample. Dial colors are off on the sample but will be corrected on the finished version.

primesuspectCB