You pay shipping, you get vintage SGI stuff!

GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
edited January 2005 in Trading Post
SOLD! Thanks guys!

Hi, my name is Johnathan, and I'm a computer hardware addict. That said, I need to get rid of some things before I leave. You pay the cost of shipping, which I have not yet determined (I can't estimate the weight), but that's all you pay. You pick the shipping method. Payment by Paypal only.

Up for grabs:

One original SGI Indigo 2 workstation, in original cardboard box, with keyboard and mouse, and 2 original copies of IRIX software on CDs. Workstation does not have a CD-ROM, but those, along with many other neat gizmos, are available on ebay. The workstations runs. Not just posts - it boots into a fresh install of IRIX on a SCSI HD. It has RAM (many of these are sold on eBay without it), but I can't remember how much.

It has one of those monitor outputs with the three circles in it. I've got no idea what it's called, but I have a 17" Sun monitor in great condition that works with it. It's also available for the cost of packing and shipping.

I'll post pics if anyone is really interested, but I'm very busy packing, and I don't want to yank stuff out of boxes unless I have to. In the meantime, I've posted a picture of this Indigo model I took from someone's eBay auction.

Also available is one SGI 320 workstation. It uses Slot 1 Intel Processors. It came with two 450mhz PIIs, but I'm intending to keep them (you can talk me out of them for a small amount of money). It needs a voltage regulator (~$15 eBay) to run a second proccesor, but it will run one processor without it. Supposedly, the most powerful processor options are dual P3 1Ghz's, or a single Tualatin Celeron 1.4Ghz (with Slotket adapter). It runs Windows NT or 2000 only. HD is empty, except for boot partition with SGI boot loader. Comes with black CD-ROM and black FDD behind neato hydraulic door. Comes with 256mb of RAM, of which a selectable amount is shared with the onboard Cobalt graphics. There is an excellent site out there with faqs and drivers, but I'm having a hard time finding it. I'll make sure that I get the drivers for you if you want this box (I've got them saved somewhere). I do have a pictures of this unit, so I've attached them in the following post. It's very attractive, and in good condition (as is the Indigo :))

I'll need buyers by early Thursday so I have time to get shipping quotes (can scan or fax quote receipts if you'd like), and I'll need Paypal payment before I ship. The last time I can ship is early Friday morning. Sorry about the short notice, but I just realized I can't take it with me.

Comments

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    Let me know if you need more specs on a system.
    Here are the SGI 320 pics:
    edited December 2004
    Heh, I don't think it'll make much of a difference, but it turns out I'll be here a couple days longer, so I could ship as late as Saturday now. :)
    edited December 2004
    SGI 320 is pending.
    edited December 2004
    Guys, I'd hate to throw this thing away, but I'm running out of options. I'll guarantee that the cost of shipping will not exceed $20/item (within the lower 48 states). The Indigo2 and 17" Sun Monitor (works with Indigo) are still available.

Free infrared wireless keyboard (with joystick-mouse on the board) to whoever takes this off my hands. The maximum cost of shipping to you would be $40 for both if you live in the lower 48 (I'll cover cost above that).
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    Come on guys! Think of how 1337 it would be to fold on that indy! :D

Wish I could, Garg, but I just have no room or money for it... Sorry :(
  • mondimondi Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    Ill take em, YGPM
    edited December 2004
    Let it be known that pcscustom and Mondi are beautiful people. :thumbsup:

SOLD!
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited January 2005
    I made a bunch of money selling some memory for the sgi 320 on ebay about 8 months ago but it looks like the market really dried up.

They are pretty cool boxs actually!

Tex
    edited January 2005
    Yeah, I was thinking about doing that, but it looks like I missed the wagon on that one. Anyway, now pcscustom has a new toy :D