I'm going to start running Poker Nights weekly for the foreseeable future. I'm going to call now through the end of June "Season 1" with the first event being Saturday January 2, 2021.
Each player will start out a 50,000 chip (c) stack at the beginning of the season. Your chips will be tracked in a Google spreadsheet which will track all additions and subtractions from your totals. Participation chips will be given out for each event. Details for each event will be listed here and spammed to discord.
Standard Events will be Texas Hold 'Em, minimum 2 hours with 25c small blind / 50c big blinds. You do not have to bring your entire stack into the game but there will be a minimum amount to bring in along with a minimum amount of play time to earn the participation chips. Participation bonuses will be added to player stacks at the end of each event.
If a player runs out of chips at a table, this will count as them getting up from the table. If they wish to rejoin, they will be put at the end of the wait list and anyone at the beginning of the wait list will be prioritized for the seat. If a player runs out of chips during the season (or their season stack is lower than 10,000c), they can borrow up to 10,000c at the beginning of each event and this will count as a negative in their stack if they do not play it back.
The player with the biggest stack at the end of the season will be given a prize (to be determined)
Games will be held at https://www.pokernow.club/
This is a free website, just click and go. When you join the table (link for event tables will be posted at the beginning of each event) you enter in your name and starting stack. You must use a name that is generally recognizable to others (such as your forum or Discord name). The starting stack that you enter will be verified by me before you are allowed to sit down.
Event #1: Saturday January 2nd, 5:30p / 6:30m / 7:30c / 8:30e
Minimum stack: 10,000
Minimum Playtime: 1 hour
Participation award: 10,000
Notes: This is designed as an introductory event. If you bring 10k and play for an hour, you guarantee to at least break even with the Participation bonus at the end of the night.
Event 1 Table (Archived)
There is a limit of 10 spots at a table. Reservations will be taken from the time of the announcement until the end of the event. Any players over 10 will be considered a wait list and invited to sit in once a spot opens.
- You can sit down at any time the table is open (and there is a spot open)
- You do not have to put all your money on the table. There is a minimum to qualify for the event bonus but you can bring in as little or as much as you want whenever you sit down. There are strategies for both small stacks (mitigate loss) and large stacks (scare players with your stonks).
- You do not have to participate in all events. There are participation bonuses for each event but there is no penalty for skipping any.
- You can leave at any time. Lost or Made enough for the night? Step away and prepare for the next event. Again while there is a minimum play time to gain the event bonus, there is no penalty for leaving at any time.
- Say what you want, or nothing at all. We'll be hanging out in Discord but you don't have to say anything. Once you are comfortable with the flow, you don't even have to if you don't want to. At a casino table it is not uncommon to see straight faced players with sunglasses on. This is so they are the same no matter what their hand is. Tells are huge in in-person poker. There is the option to stream yourself at the poker table, this is not necessary for most events (Including event #1) but there will likely be at least one video mandatory event.
I'll add more info here as it comes up. Feel free to reply here or hit me up on Discord with any questions.
@mas0n blew the seat of his pants out in the middle of the night a he passed 1 billion points. https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=207797