[Resolved] Looking for assistance with crashes, faults, bluescreens on a new build

2»

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Awesome that you have a working PC now. Shitty that it was the mobo all along but Gigabyte strung you along :(

Strikes
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

It's probably the worst part to have go bad. The hardest to isolate and prove that it's at fault. Glad you got a resolution!

CB
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

Awesome! I'm really happy you got it solved.

• StrikesStrikes Lincoln, NE Icrontian

Unfortunately, the bluescreening is back with a passion. Everything else still looks okay (yeah, I remembered to use thermal paste this time too). Going to try to RMA the processor as it's the only part left.

primesuspect
  • StrikesStrikes Lincoln, NE Icrontian

My AMD RMA for my 3700X, after taking a bunch of pictures and having to redo thermal paste like 3 times, went off without a hitch. They swapped for a new one without question, and it came to me looking factory new... unlike the ones that Newegg sold me, which I am now 100% certain were shittily repackaged returns from bad customers. Which I believe is a crime, because I bought and paid for a new part and was instead getting used ones.

I'll never shop Newegg again.

Thanks again for all the help folks!

RyderMrTRiotRyanMM
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited November 2020

@Strikes said:
    ..... unlike the ones that Newegg sold me, which I am now 100% certain were shittily repackaged returns from bad customers. Which I believe is a crime, because I bought and paid for a new part and was instead getting used ones.

I'll never shop Newegg again.

Thanks again for all the help folks!

Well that isn't the first complaint I ever heard about Newegg!

https://icrontic.com/discussion/35126/newegg-is-getting-too-big-for-their-britches-warning-rant-coming/p1

Strikes