honestly

-tk-tk Detroit, MI USA
edited May 2004 in The Pub
is it me? or is there some law somewhere that states: if a serious computer problem should occur on a production server, it WILL happen after normal working hours, and it WILL keep you up all night. Seriously, I'm sitting here fixing some busted-arse mail server and I just want to go to bed :( why does this never, ever, ever,ever happen at like 8am? Sorry about the rant but I have no one to talk to so you guys get to hear(read) my whining.

Comments

• NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales
    edited May 2004
    I share your pain. But over here in the UK, the law is that it has to be a Sunday morning at 6am when you didnt get in till 2 because you where out on the beer.
  • -tk-tk Detroit, MI USA
    edited May 2004
    yeah at least that (knock wood) hasn't happened to me yet. thats definitely a ****ty situation. I'll tell you what, next time it happens to you, you get to cry on my shoulder ;)
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales
    edited May 2004
    That sounds fine :thumbsup: Some sympathy from the other side of the pond :ukflag: :usflag:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI
    edited May 2004
    dude..... you were still there at 4:00 AM? omfg...
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina
    edited May 2004
    -tk, I'm pretty sure that is a law somewhere. Usually when our mail server locks up it is around 3:00 a.m usually. Then the pager goes off because customers aren't getting any mail in the morning.
  • edited May 2004
    -tk, sounds like you are intimately acquainted with Mr. Murphy. He and his laws really suck and I wish that he would retire so that we could repeal all his laws. :rant:
  • -tk-tk Detroit, MI USA
    edited May 2004
    how bout we just find this murphy genius and beat him to a pulp?
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina
    edited May 2004
    If it will save you some sleep and years off your life, I'm sure we can round up some people to look for him :) He is sneaky though.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited May 2004
    If you tried to find him it'd be on the one day of the year he's out.
    Sods law.