Newegg is getting too big for their britches /// Warning! rant coming

Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy KnobPflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
edited July 2005 in The Pub
After my mobo week from hell I finally got the first one back on Friday (well sort of). Newegg makes a big deal out of sending all materials back when you rma something or it will cost you. Well I sent the board back with everything and packed just like new (except the board was borked). Then #2 went and I sent everything just like I got it also. Then on Friday I got #1 back but there wasn't anything but the board in a different box like I just got a refurb (which it was). With this being the DFI Ultra-D that meant I did not get the audio module, cables, jumpers or jumper tool and to beat all every single jumper on the board was missing! I was hot and got on the phone with Newegg and wanted to know WTF! They were supposed to overnight an accessory package with everything missing but as of today, Tuesday I have absolutely nothing. I called yesterday and they said they had no record of anything being shipped but did have details of my previous conversation and they were sorry but the stuff would get sent right out overnight again! Then to top it all off I got #2 back today and the same deal of just the board. This one at least had the jumpers but there was another real big problem. The board was not packed at all and was just placed in a box with no protection what so ever and the board had all the caps bent over with 5 busted clean off the board. I was so hot after this that I took my wife's advice and cool off tonight and call them in the morning with a scripted detail so as not to get too carried away. So now I am sitting here with almost $300.00 worth of borked boards and Newegg has my money almost 2,000 miles away. I know Newegg has been so good in the past and has even gone out of their way a few times but this is freakin rediculous. They also told me that since the board was over 30 days out from the original invoice all rma's were going to be oem's and refurbed boards. /that totally sucks!!!
Strikes

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Oh, did I mention I am totally pissed?

And do they care how often I mention their name in here or send people to them???

Fxxx no!
    edited July 2005
    Sorry for getting so carried away but this just has my nuts in a wringer.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2005
    Jeeminy... :wtf:

This really surprises me. I had an RMA from MSI like that once (bare board in a box with no packing), but they specified that I should send the MB only, and that peripherals would not be returned. It's odd that Newegg would make you do it the other way around, much less hoark you over like that.

I'm crossing my fingers for you and hoping that they get it all straightened out. :cool:
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Larry,
    You are justified. Rant on brother...RANT ON! Did you try talking to a supervisor?
    Jeff
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Don't apologize buddy. Newegg may very well be my savior, and when the screw up I take it lightly, but if they were to do something like that.... I'd be very angry as well. :thumbsup:

Funny I saw this becuase I am about to buy a couple goodies off there right now ;D
    edited July 2005
    Right now I am cooling off or trying with my trusy bottle of Macallen 18yr. and waiting till tomorrow. Then I will request to only speak with a supervisor or higher. I just simply cannot beleive this. I havwe been buying from them for 5 years or so and never got the shaft like this from anyone. After I talk to them tomorrow I may just start to buy and recomend Monarch Computer dot com. I don't think I will be happy ntill they send me their blood on a stick at this point. ;)
    edited July 2005
    mtgoat wrote:
    Right now I am cooling off or trying with my trusy bottle of Macallen 18yr...
    That method never seems to work for me... ;D

:rant: + :beer: = :aol::zombie::eek2:
  • DoctorGeo2008DoctorGeo2008 Flint, MI
    edited July 2005
    I had an issue just a few months ago where I ordered a new case. The first one came and it was broken. I paid $20 to send it back. The second one came and it too was broken. I was hot and talked to the rep by email bitchin about how I already had to pay to have the other shipped back... blah, blah, blah. They apologized profusely and sent another for free and refunded my shipping cost for the last case. Believe it or not, the third case was broken too. I called them, they sent a new face plate only and told me to keep the other case that was broken. So, I ended up getting getting two cases after I fixed the face plate on the one with some super glue, all for one low price. :thumbsup:

Keep bitchin' --- They'll take care of you.
    edited July 2005
    For what it's worth, Monarch Computer has been a great seller for me recently. I use them and Newegg.
    edited July 2005
    Preacher wrote:
    For what it's worth, Monarch Computer has been a great seller for me recently. I use them and Newegg.
    thaS whwr i got my 3700 form as weel ad afew other thimgs in th pastt. i better gey ogg herre bwfore i post somthijg i whek regret in mkorning
  • AuthorityActionAuthorityAction Missouri Member
    edited July 2005
    mtgoat wrote:
    thaS whwr i got my 3700 form as weel ad afew other thimgs in th pastt. i better gey ogg herre bwfore i post somthijg i whek regret in mkorning

Is that Macallen working? ;D
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Omg, mtgoat. That's the funniest thing I've seen all week. Your drunken post, not the Newegg flub.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited July 2005
    Larry, what can i say except........That totally sucks.

Having gone through a few too many RMA's of late, we never came across anything like this in Oz.

Sure hope Newegg come to the party BIG time.
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited July 2005
    WOW when things that like happen to me, nothing ever that bad though, I call and specifically get them to hand the phone to a supervisor. If you can talk anybody into getting things straightened up, its the silly supervisors.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    mtgoat wrote:

;D

holy crap - mental note to self - don't post while drinking :thumbsup:
    edited July 2005
    oh wow
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    mtgoat wrote:

SM BYTE
    edited July 2005
    lol..
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited July 2005
    Oh that sucks Larry,

I had a similar story a while ago with Newegg. I hope you get to talk with someone higher up, because the rep I had would not let me, even when I called back to get a different rep :shakehead I sure hope they fix their problem. Goodluck.
    edited July 2005
    mtgoat wrote:
    :eek:;D
    I just figured Larry was trying to get "hip." It seems many people on the net type this barely legible gibberish on a routine basis. Inebriation from an 18 year old single malt scotch is a much better excuse than inability to spell, type, or have an inkling of reasonable grammar.....sorry, I think just launched into a rant....I apologize unreservedly.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    He speaks better with that 18yr old scotch in him than a lot of 18yr old "hip" kids :D
    edited July 2005
    Gargoyle wrote:
    He speaks better with that 18yr old scotch in him than a lot of 18yr old "hip" kids :D

True dat!
  • edited July 2005
    Thrax I agree, that post belongs in the SM Byte collection! ;D;D

Larry, hit the bastards where it hurts, at reselleratings.com. Even if you've posted a review there before, you can go edit it and add to it what they just did to you with these boards. Just state the facts on how they are screwing you and change your rating of their RMA dept. and the revised post will be sent to Newegg. I found this out with powernotebooks when I changed my rating of them after having some problems getting a replacement drive for my laptop and the president of the company called me back within 5 minutes of me posting my revised review. He did make it good then and I changed my rating back favorably.
    edited July 2005
    OMG, what have I done?
    mtgoat wrote:
    You guys are right about one thing. It doesn't look as bad as a lot of what I have seen from the "in crowd". :mullet:

Still too sore to call Newegg but I did survive work today. A little nap and I will get on the horn with those hosers and straighten it out. They did get one of my accessory packages to me today. So I guess that is a start. :rolleyes:
    edited July 2005
    That's it, no more Newegg for me! (and to think I am in the market for 2 new A64 CPU's and another socket 939 board) I got to talk to a supervisor and even got to go one better (or so they claimed to be) and all they would offer is to give $25.00 credit for each board for my troubles and replace the broken board with another replacement. When I asked about the replacements they told me that any and all replacements will be refurbs. :hot: I only got 1/2 the parts or accessories for one board with a stupid Newegg pen added to the box. That was like a total insult! By the time I got off the phone I thought my head was going to explode because they jusk kept repeating about policy. Then top top it off the board that wasn't smashed wouldn't post. After trying everything I removed the CPU and the lever fell off the socket!!! I am going to write emails and snail mails to Newegg and DFI concerning my treatment and also see if DFI will do any RMA'ing so I don't have to deal with those Newegg dickheads again. I have come to the conclusion that even though Fry's costs more they have always treated my fairly and it is also nice to be able to walk into the store and talk to someone face to face. Does anytone have any ideas? I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. My little Conure Jazzy sums it up perfectly; "Stop this crap right now, true, true!
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    wow i feel horrible larry ...I was the one who encouraged you to rma.
    like you said though try dfi direct and I hope you have satisfactory results with that route.
    man ...to think I was all geared up to spend about $2k on that new system at newegg ...I very well should reconsider after what you've been through.

sorry for your troubles larry you dont deserve that and I won't tolerate it.
    edited July 2005
    I would never have expected this outcome from them in a million years... :(

My new computer last January, along with my dad and my daughters computers a year or so ago, all came from Newegg parts. I'm going to have to think long and hard before buying from them again. :shakehead
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Have you emailed their complaints department?
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Maybe this will help pass the time but remember it's moderated ...http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/FeedBack/RateProduct.asp?Item=N82E16813136152
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited July 2005
    The nicest thing about Fry's is that they will give you a refund on ANYTHING for store credit, no matter what you did to it. their return department really doesn't care a bit