Fast

124»

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    You know what?... After 24 hours without any food, I still have indigestion! So, it obviously has nothing to do with my diet.

I'm not really feeling that hungry, and I could easily make it to the morning. Over the last two hours, I've only still been refusing to eat to prove to myself that I can do it, since I was already invested in it so far.

Well, I've gone 24 hours... No use going another 12 just to prove I can... I'm gonna go get some Chex Mix.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Acid reflux. Dum de dum.
  • edited October 2005
    Could be an ulcer too...
    edited October 2005
    I hope not...

I guess it's time to visit the doctor...

and me with no insurance... :shakehead
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    CBDroege wrote:
    You know what?... After 24 hours without any food, I still have indigestion! So, it obviously has nothing to do with my diet.

I'm not really feeling that hungry, and I could easily make it to the morning. Over the last two hours, I've only still been refusing to eat to prove to myself that I can do it, since I was already invested in it so far.

Well, I've gone 24 hours... No use going another 12 just to prove I can... I'm gonna go get some Chex Mix.

Aside from the Chex Mix, those were pretty much the symptoms I had. Most likely if you get prescribed Nexium, Prilosec can be a suitable stand in. The doctor may even simply recommend you take a 2-week trial of Prilosec (or a month of Nexium) and then go off to see if the heartburn has gone away.

GERD sucks. But taking a Prilosec every day sure beats the hell out of heartburn every day! I waited a year with daily heartburn before I coughed up the money to see the doctor. I don't really regret it, if nothing else for the peace of mind of knowing that I can take it every day without having self-diagnosed (and run the risk of being wrong).
    edited October 2005
    Could taking the Prilosec have negative effects if I don't really have Acid Reflux?
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Maybe - I'm not really sure. That's why I'd recommend seeing the doctor first to get a true diagnosis. I felt much safer in my course of action after a visit to the doc. Plus, there were no hoob-a-joobs or anything. Although, after it didn't go away, I had to have an Upper GI series which involved drinking 2 bottles of some liquid containing barium and having an x-ray type machine photograph my upper GI tract. That sucked

//edit: I think I may have misinterpreted your question. According to the package, you should suffer no ill effect from taking a single 2-week box of Prilosec. However, if you still have heartburn after that, then it's time to make a doctor's appointment.
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited October 2005
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    CBDroege wrote:

Your diet can still be causing it, it hasn't been long enough. If you have been eating unhealthy for a long time, it'll take awhile to get things turned around. I'm not saying fast, but I'm saying it took me at least a month to turn my stomach around by changing my diet. No matter what I did it still sucked but it finally got better. One day doesn't give you the cause.
  • DoctorGeo2008DoctorGeo2008 Flint, MI
    edited October 2005
    What I do to cleanse my system is this:

buy a bottle of generic fiber pills (the generic equivalent of Metamucil caplets)

take literally 40-50 of them before bed

Have a satisfying dump the next morning

do it again that afternoon (you've basically crammed the whole bottle in two days)

big time poop-o.... BIG time that night or the next morning. One time I did this and a fleshy, lined tube came out of me. I mean, seriously. It looked like a pork sausage with a clear, almost see through skin, filled with chunks of ... well, crap. It was about 12 inches long and just massive. I felt so clean. It's like a mucoid lining or something, I'm no doctor, but man it works.

Wow! I don't know what to say... I'm speechless...That in itself is rare! LOL

This actually makes you feel better? How often do you do this?
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2005
    CB, if a change in diet doesn't help after a few weeks it may be worthwhile to get tested for food allergies. It's entirely possible that your innards are rebelling against something that might be considered a "healthy" food.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    if you have time read through the book "eating right 4 your type" ...once you know you're blood type you can skim through most of it. The very best book I've ever read on health and nutrition.
    edited October 2005
    I've heard that your blood type can effect things like that, but I have yet to be convinced that it makes a difference... It just doesn't make sence that it shiould matter... It's not really tied in with your other systems... It's a genetic quirk, not a defining factor... It would be like basing your diet on your hair color.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    CBDroege wrote:
    I've heard that your blood type can effect things like that, but I have yet to be convinced that it makes a difference... It just doesn't make sence that it shiould matter... It's not really tied in with your other systems... It's a genetic quirk, not a defining factor... It would be like basing your diet on your hair color.
    Well then go to barnes and noble and get some coffee and spend about 30 mins reading a chapter or two. I bet you'll buy it. And there's also cooking right etc ...a few books.
    Then you can look into herbal remedies and stuff like the tai he (sp?)cleanse ...

I thought the same as you until I read it that way then I couldn't put it down.
    I follow that diet for the most part but mostly I use it to guide me on which foods to avoid and I feel 100% better and rarely sick at all. I don't crap my innards like brian but hey ...I'm not sure that's the thing to do!! :thumbsup:
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited October 2005
    whoa prime, are you serious?! dude, that sounds creepy.

Tell me the truth, did you really try that?!

Oh and do you still eat during the time you take those pills?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    In order: yes, I am. Yes, I did, more than once, and yes I do but not as much as usual.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    What I do to cleanse my system is this:

buy a bottle of generic fiber pills (the generic equivalent of Metamucil caplets)

take literally 40-50 of them before bed

Have a satisfying dump the next morning

do it again that afternoon (you've basically crammed the whole bottle in two days)

big time poop-o.... BIG time that night or the next morning. One time I did this and a fleshy, lined tube came out of me. I mean, seriously. It looked like a pork sausage with a clear, almost see through skin, filled with chunks of ... well, crap. It was about 12 inches long and just massive. I felt so clean. It's like a mucoid lining or something, I'm no doctor, but man it works.

Fifteen years ago. #neverforget

CBBuddyJmas0nMassalinieMAGIC