Anyone know of any pc parts vendor that ship via USPS?

BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseurThere's no place like 127.0.0.1
edited October 2006 in The Pub
As the title says. I liked Newegg but now they're just laughing at me with their "ha! ha! you're in PR so screw you" shipping options. I could order a single stick of ram and shipping would be around $25. That blows. On top of that, they've started charging taxes. We don't pay sales tax (yet)! From now on, Newegg can...:rant:

So, if anyone knows any good vendors that ship via USPS (preferrably Priority), I'd appreciate it.

Comments

• edited October 2006
    svc ships via USPS... or at least that was the case last time I made an order through them. They're good for cooling and case modding stuff, but not much else, unfortunately.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2006
    I'll be glad to have you ship it here and forward it to you. :)
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX
    edited October 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    I'll be glad to have you ship it here and forward it to you. :)

Newegg charges taxes now!!! AHHHH! thats why I ordered from them...
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska
    edited October 2006
    BH, take a look at eBay stores. Many of them ship via USPS. I understand what you are talking about - UPS and FEDEX can't touch USPS for cost with Priority Flat Rate. I too am a long way from Lower 48 shipping routes. USPS Priority can be a life saver. Newegg though, has 2-day FEDEX that becomes economically scalable if you buy several things, as the cost does not rise much with multiple items versus a single item. But yeah, if you buy just one or two items for Newegg or one of their competitors and you live somewhere like Alaska or Hawaii, the shipping costs are horrible.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan
    edited October 2006
    zipzoomfly.com might ship usps, check it out.
  • edited October 2006
    Black Hawk wrote:
    As the title says. I liked Newegg but now they're just laughing at me with their "ha! ha! you're in PR so screw you" shipping options. I could order a single stick of ram and shipping would be around $25. That blows. On top of that, they've started charging taxes. We don't pay sales tax (yet)! From now on, Newegg can...:rant:

So, if anyone knows any good vendors that ship via USPS (preferrably Priority), I'd appreciate it.

www.xoxide.com, they have usps option, and I had good experience with my purchases.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou
    edited October 2006
    ha...i love USPS plugs....have everything shipped that way!...Job security for teh fatcat6!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska
    edited October 2006
    Well, you'll get me worshipping at the USPS temple here in Eagle River. They have saved me a fortune in shipping with Flat Rate. For small and medium sized heavier items, FEDEX and UPS don't even come close. The service is fast too. I've mailed computer parts to Florida on Friday before, the parts being received on Monday. That's nearly 5,000 miles. I've got over 130 computer parts private trades - buying and selling. The only time (two times) that there's been anything damaged at all was when the sender (the other guy) packed the item like an idiot.