Home brew!

osaddictosaddict London, UK
edited December 2007 in Food & Drink
Ok, so I've never done any home brewing what so ever... I've seen these brubox things that look quite cool for a newbie like me:

http://www.brupaks.com/brubox/index.html

Has anyone used one before, and if so what were the results?!

Also - I see stuff like this listed - http://www.easybrew.co.uk/product_detail.php?id=207&PHPSESSID=f3403ed9ed2ff512fe90fa70d334a193&PHPSESSID=f3403ed9ed2ff512fe90fa70d334a193

How on earth do I go from that to beer in a glass?!

Comments

• SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited November 2007
    1st one looks nice and simple for the second one you would need a roto keg or other form of fermentation vessel. I still have a rotokeg somewhere at my mums place the delight of adding a CO2 cylinder and getting fresh sparkling lagers was great fun .
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    We have a moonshining still in our basement, but we don't use it...
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Those kits usually work pretty well, but there's one thing you need to be completely anal about. Sanitation. Whatever equipment you use to home brew must be as surgically clean as possible. The tiniest bit of unwanted bacteria can waste 5gallons worth of materials and a week of time. No good.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Brubox looks like a quality kit.
  • osaddictosaddict London, UK
    edited November 2007
    It looks good doesnt it! - I like the fact that its a sealed unit is appealing too..

I think I might get one for my brother and for my uncle for Christmas too - we can then compair each others brew!
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Have you seen any places online selling the brubox? I'd like to order one for my father as a Christmas present, but I can't see any online sellers.
  • osaddictosaddict London, UK
    edited December 2007
    There are a fair few places which are uk based which sell the BruBox...

www.easybrew.co.uk

www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk

are two I am actually on at the moment!
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Have you seen any places online selling the brubox? I'd like to order one for my father as a Christmas present, but I can't see any online sellers.