Ipods data might have been scrambled

edited December 2007 in The Pub
Well I left my Ipod shuffle in my pocket and it went through the washer. Big Mistake:D So I was wondering if I can reformat it to work with Windows Media Players music. If Not, If I can reformat it into the format it uses for Itunes.
It still turns on and it played little sections of each song the first time I turned it on but it wont play anything at the moment.

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff
    edited November 2007
    Does iTunes recognize it? If so, try a restore through iTunes and see if that helps. It might need some more drying out. That it works even partially is amazing.
  • edited November 2007
    Ill try that and see if it works.
  • edited November 2007
    I just plugged it into my speakers it's working, so it must have needed only to dry out more. and its not skipping. Right after it was skipping around I started Itunes and reput the music on it but it still wouldnt play. But now its working so it mustve only needed to dry out more.
  • edited November 2007
    It was playing just fine until I left it paused for awhile then it just suddenly started playing and skipping lol.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX
    edited November 2007
    you should have really let it dry out for two or three days straight before even trying to turn it on.
  • edited December 2007
    its working fine now
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan
    edited December 2007
    you should have really let it dry out for two or three days straight before even trying to turn it on.

I made this mistake with a palm that was issued to me through the school. Spilt some coke on it and didn't let it dry out long enough. Fried the damn thing to the tune of $400.