The Icrontic Gun Thread

1235»

Comments

• _k_k P-Town, Texas
    Actually it isn't a negative if you are put on the FBI's list. The FBI, from all of the accounts I have read, show up and are extremely polite with only having the sole intention of wanting to have a very honest discussion with you. Usually they aren't shy about telling you how long they have "known" of your actions, just checking up on people verifying what they already know. I know someone who has property extremely close to the Bush's ranch and they had a bunch of kids out there for shooting team practice while the president was home, you had to stick your feet under the fence to get a full 600 yards from the targets. The Texas police freaked out but when the SS showed up they asked what they were doing on their own property and then said sorry about people bothering them.

It is always good not be watched by anyone but you also have to compare that to the "good enough" metric.
  • I'm making a thing.

Guppy
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy
    edited January 2016

And I bought a thing a month or so ago.

UPSLynxErrorNullTurnip
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA

Theres a gun thread?! Hell yea!

Here's me and my only gun (older pic, haven't shot in a while). I've got a 1948 Lee Enfield No.4 Mk1 .303

GuppyBasilRyder
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England

I have a potato gun, does that count?

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi

!bang

• @Ryder CLICK. Congrats, idiot. That’s 1.

• the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy
    edited January 2016

@Ivan said:
    @Ryder CLICK. Congrats, idiot. That’s 1.

!bang

• @the_technocrat CLICK. Congrats, idiot. That’s 1.

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN
    edited November 2016

kind of a stupid question, but you don'y need a background check to purchase Dragon's breath shells do you?
    I ask because I was gonna get my grandpa some for his 12 gauge for Christmas (along with a goodie bag of a few other specialty loads)

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA

@Creeperbane2 said:
    kind of a stupid question, but you don'y need a background check to purchase Dragon's breath shells do you?
    I ask because I was gonna get my grandpa some for his 12 gauge for Christmas (along with a goodie bag of a few other specialty loads)

Dragons Breath are usually not 100% legal anymore... so I'd imagine you do

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario

After some cursory investigation the other day I've learned that, not only is the Lee Enfield Rifle a non-restricted firearm in Canada but there's a large number of them still on the market, some from milsurp.

I've decided that the Lee Enfield No.4 will be the first firearm in my collection once I've started my career.

DontCallMeKelsoDeathJester
  • DeathJesterDeathJester Lone Wolf Oklahoma

My favorite Enfield is still the jungle carbine. I've always wanted to convert one into a makeshift De Lisle carbine.

Ilriyas
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario
    edited November 2016

I'm a fan of the jungle as well but my grandfather used the No. 4 Mk1 during WW2 so the rifle has some sentimental value, alongside of course being a bloody excellent firearm.

EDIT: So the specific version I'm looking for is the Ontario Longbranch manufactured Lee Enfield (Original Markings) These are generally pretty hard to come by but the Canadian Rangers are phasing out the rifle this year so hopefully a few hundred will enter the milsurp market.

DeathJesterBuddyJ
  • GattsuGattsu Orlando, Florida
    edited November 2016

If I were Canadian, this would be the first thing on my buy list.

BuddyJ
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway

So, after going with @Primesuspect to a range after Epic, I tried a 1911 for the first time. Really liked it, so I bought one. It's a Kimber. I really like the heft and weight of it. The grip probably takes some getting used to, but it feels quite good in my hand. If only I could find and install an ambidextrous safety (I'm left handed) I'd be pretty set.

The gun (Kimber TLE/RL II)

My gen 4 Glock 17 for comparison.

Good to see Kimber caters to an international audience..

primesuspectIlriyasMt_GoatCreeperbane2
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI

Man that's a nice gun. Fuck the NRA though, but nice gun!

BlueTattooBuddyJ
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas

Kimber makes a nice gun. Money and time fixes your problem. Kimber's store. Midway has the same part at the same price.

Glock has 1911s that hold 13.

• djmephdjmeph Detroit

Anyone here ever shoot a slingshot?

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf-

yes

• djmephdjmeph Detroit

I want to learn how to use a slingshot and use it to hunt pheasant.

There's a lot online about shooting slingshots, but not very much about using them for hunting birds. What did you use yours for?

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf-

Mostly goofing off.

I had a fantasy of using one as a side-arm weapon for paintball matches. I got a nice one with a steel body, and leather brace and pouch. I don't remember the brand or anything anymore, but I got it in the hunting department at Dick's I think. I practiced with the practice ammo until I was confident in my aim, and then tried it on some trees and painted them up good. Then I tried it on a human in typical protective gear, and it was a failure, the velocity I was getting was sufficient to tag a tree, but not a padded human. It just bounced off. If I tried to increase the velocity, I would end up shattering the ammo in my hands. It was only useful for face-plate shots, which is totes rude. I sold the slingshot and, after a few other failed experiments, ultimately ended up with a PT Enforcer as a side-arm instead. :D I loved the PT Enforcer. I had a bright blue one, which was likely a tactical mistake, but it was beautiful. I just finally sold it right before moving to Germany.

The closest I've ever come to 'hunting' is getting clay pigeons with a shot-gun. :orange:

djmeph
  • I'm a Nerf Mega Mastodon kinda guy. It's the firearm that says "I ain't got time to bleed" without actually making anything bleed.