What's your flavor of comedy?

BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseurThere's no place like 127.0.0.1
edited December 2007 in The Pub
After watching some clips on the Aristocrats (don't google it if you're easily offended) and some Jon Stewart, I wanna know what kind of comedy and/or comedians do you guys like (preferably stand up)?

I like The Original Kings of Comedy, Latin Kings of Comedy, Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy's earlier stuff like Delirious and Raw, Martin Lawrence, etc.

Post clips.

NSFW!!!
Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, D.L. Hughley (2, 3), Bernie Mac (second half is a good watch), The Three Amigos (1, 2, 3), Martin Lawrence, George Lopez (2, 3).

Comments

• airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX
    edited December 2007
    I like all kinds of comedy, but mainly satirical and crude comedy are the funniest. Comedy Central is my favorite tv station.
  • edited December 2007
    Eddie Izzard, Bill Hicks, Mitch Hedburg.
  • edited December 2007
    I like a lot of things. George Carlin is probably my favorite but I also like Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy, Robin Williams, Bob Saget, Gabriel Iglesias, and some of Carlos Mencia's stuff.
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX
    edited December 2007
    Eddie Izzard, Margaret Cho.

I don't watch much TV any more.
    edited December 2007
    George Carlin is a sick person, but I do find some of his content funny. Other stuff it seems like he tries too hard. It just doesn't come off as funny to me.
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan
    edited December 2007
    mas0n wrote:
    Eddie Izzard, Bill Hicks, Mitch Hedburg.

What he said, just not Bill Hicks.
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited December 2007
    Ignore the above, William melvin Hicks so good he even made my sig.:rolleyes:
  • EssoEsso Stockholm, Sweden
    edited December 2007
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria
    edited December 2007
    Fawlty Towers, Monty Python, Blackadder, SCTV, SNL, Kids In The Hall,This Hour Has 22 Minutes, Rick Mercer Report, Leslie Nielsen, Richard Pryor and many others.

Big fan of British Comedies.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina
    edited December 2007
    I like pretty much all forms of comedy. Since I have a very good sense of humor I can laugh at anything.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited December 2007
    I tend to like crude, straight forward stuff....mainly stuff that you don't really have to think about. I mean don't get me wrong, I like "intelligent" comedy, but when I need a good laugh I don't want to have to take a second to think about what the guy said, and then decide whether or not its funny.

I like chris rock, jim gaffigan, dane cook, some of pablo fancisco's stuff, Demetri Martin, and some others.

I cant stand carlos mencia, he tries wayyyy to hard. None of his material is funny. I dont know how he got his own tv show.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri
    edited December 2007
    If Mencia didn't try to tell the same joke every time (and it wasn't just racist crap) I might find him amusing.

I like Carlin, Robin Williams, and even Bill Murray's kind of comedy can crack my stolid face into a smile.

The Aristocrats made me find respect for Gilbert Gottfried...somehow:eek:
    edited December 2007
    Meh, I don't really think mencia's racist per say. But then again I don't think there's anything wrong with a good laugh as long as it isn't focused towards one group. He does a pretty good job at making fun of everyone equally. Hell, he even makes a lot of jokes about Mexicans. There's nothing so dangerous that it can't be talked about, or hell, even laughed at.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri
    edited December 2007
    true...as long as people are laughing