Awesome NanoTechnology

edited February 2008 in The Pub
Future Infantry Uniform -- Year 2025
The year is 2025 and the well-dressed infantry man this fashion season is sporting the newest look -- Dressed in black from head to toe and wearing a helmet that allows barely a glimpse of his face.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/armyweapons/a/futureuniform.htm

Sniper

Comments

• botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited February 2008
    All the better to kill you with my dear.
  • edited February 2008
    That's cool.. Think I'll have one for my birthday in 2025 ;)
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA
    edited February 2008
    Man...something about awesome armor-type suits is just SO SEXY. rawr.
  • edited February 2008
    The fact that one of the new uniforms transforms to make you look like what is around you is the awesome part. I am not here, then where are you, I dont know I cant see me, lol that would be awesome.
  • RWBRWB
    edited February 2008
    My thought is that by 2025 there will be better and much more kick ass technology than this suit. Such as powered battle armor suits with transparent camo and big guns you won't hear.... or feel ;D So much of the technologies exist in some form and need some maturity or are only needing a smaller, lighter and better battery or power source. I see a Ghost in the Shell type of world coming up IMHO, tanks will probably not be like giant armor spiders, but who knows. If tanks could exist in the same fashion as what is in GitS then they could be quite amazing.

The last time I saw anything in sheer liquid armor it had the consistency of yogurt normally but when struck or had an electric field applied to it - it was only like thick peanut butter. That is sketchy in my mind... I mean peanut butter is no kevlar by a long shot so it's not exactly something that is around the corner.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI
    edited February 2008
    nanotechnology_is_huge.jpg
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria
    edited February 2008
    ...although I have not seen Ghost in the Shell, I am thinking we are going to have a more Robotech/StarTrek(I am crossinng my fingers for the possibility of the world developing something like The Federation)/LoveboatofSpace(very tourist oriented) kind of future. Maybe with an old robot uprising thrown in the mix for good measure! (Terminator/Bladerunner/BG).
    Or maybe I'm putting to much thought and faith into others views of our future. It may be impossible to really be able to tell how we will be using technology in 20/40 years?!
    I am also seeing the horrifying posibility of a Borg collective developing right here on Earth...........but that is probably because I have watched too much sci-fi and have little faith in humanity, unfortunately.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA
    edited February 2008
    Thelemech wrote:
    ...although I have not seen Ghost in the Shell, I am thinking we are going to have a more Robotech/StarTrek(I am crossinng my fingers for the possibility of the world developing something like The Federation)/LoveboatofSpace(very tourist oriented) kind of future. Maybe with an old robot uprising thrown in the mix for good measure! (Terminator/Bladerunner/BG).
    Or maybe I'm putting to much thought and faith into others views of our future. It may be impossible to really be able to tell how we will be using technology in 20/40 years?!
    I am also seeing the horrifying posibility of a Borg collective developing right here on Earth...........but that is probably because I have watched too much sci-fi and have little faith in humanity, unfortunately.

You should start a theme park. I would go.