Delete Me

Comments

• S_WilsonS_Wilson Meridian, ID
    edited November 2004
    :scratch:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    Man, if you're gonna start throwing words like "exigent" around, you better be prepared to post them in the right forum. This is getting moved back to graphics and sound, where it belongs. :shakehead
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited November 2004
    GrayFox wrote:
    *looks around*
    *doesnt know whats happening*
    walks out of topic
    there was a topic? :scratch:

LIN
  • edited November 2004
    This post kinda reminds me of my days of being 19-20, a buddy of mine had an apt. in Stockton and had dry erase markers on the lid to his toilet and while we had free time we'd write all kinds of crazy stuff on it....I guess it was a "had to be there" kind of thing but it was pretty damned fun nonetheless.
    At least it was a way to make use of 20-30 seconds of dead time... :thumbsup:
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    Since I had to look up the meaning of "exigent" on the internet, thus requiring use of my LAN, I have moved this topic to the appropriate forum, Networking and Communications.
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited November 2004
    Lol at Kwitko :)

personally i like this thread. i'm really racking up on tech posts! ;D

LIN ;)
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited November 2004
    revolt against the proletariat!
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    bikerboy wrote:
    ill give it a 8.5971235479 out of 10 just b/c there was nothing here to talk about but yet we made somehting up to talk about. good job guys
    WAY out of line. Consider yourself banned! I'm reporting this thread. :mad:
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited November 2004
    I thought this thread had been deleted?
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited November 2004
    bothered wrote:
    I thought you had been deleted
    :nudge:
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited November 2004
    A moose once bit my sister.
  • comfortablecomfortable Sugarland, TX
    edited November 2004
    Funny stuff :)

Where's Kittie's response?
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited November 2004
    Justin wrote:
    LoL Lol. that just gave me the biggest laugh! much obliged for that! :thumbsup:

LIN
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    omg I never got bit by a moose, but in all seriousness, folks, for real: I did get pooped on the head by a bird once.

I did not make that up.
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    Whoa, I crawl out from under my rock and the world has been blessed with this thread, a beacon of shining usefulness!!!

Clad I made it - better late than never.

~Cyrix
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2004
    omg I never got bit by a moose, but in all seriousness, folks, for real: I did get pooped on the head by a bird once.

I did not make that up.
    This happens more than the law of probability would seem to allow for.

One Sunday morning my sister Beth (dressed in her finest clothes for church), ran screaming into the house in terror. The rest of the family stood on the porch in stunned silence until my mom came down the stairs with the pronouncement that "It was bird doo; get in the car".

I haven't decided on a personal motto yet, but that one is still in the running.

Years later, an unknown Seaman (his name was Kelly) entertained Co. 260 (Navy boot camp, Great Lakes, Illinois, 1978) with the dramatic announcement of "Hey, everybody: I know! A bird sh!t on my hat. So don't keep telling me about it."

Needless to say, there was a long line of sailors offering their condolences... :vimp:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    I was always a fan of Seaman Hornsby.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2004
    Thrax wrote:
    I was always a fan of Seaman Hornsby.
    It was Kelly. I was there...
    edited November 2004
    But surely you know Seaman Hornsby?!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    Well, it was! Hate to break this to you, Bothered, but....

Well, we the staff...which is to say, we decided to tell you the truth. There was a huge problem with the server - something about a Detroit electrical mains maintenance project. Somehow, the Sarcnet (our S-M server's host company) internet cables and some really high tension power lines got cross-bundled. When one of us last deleted this thread, you were posting at just that time....and well, you went with it.

Don't know what to say; just sorry you were deleted. If you can determine whether you are in Hell or Heaven, please post back at that time and give us a report. Inquiring minds want to know. :confused:
    edited November 2004
    Here's a picture of Bothered being being shot through Detroit power lines, after being sucked into his computer by the huge, negative power surge.
    edited November 2004
    And, as quickly as he vanished in Australia, Bothered re-materialized for a micro-second on a power pole near Sarcnet, Detroit. The poor lad was heard muttering to himself, "I thought this thread was deleted...and why am I standing 10 meters off the ground...and where's my shirt?"
  • S_WilsonS_Wilson Meridian, ID
    edited November 2004
    Leonardo wrote:
    If you can determine whether you are in Hell or Heaven, please post back at that time and give us a report. Inquiring minds want to know. :confused:

He wont be in Heaven or Hell but in a video game I think. :confused:
    edited November 2004
    An interesting hypothesis, my dear Leonardo. Perhaps this is the first example of electron macrotunelling!
  • mondimondi Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    Leonardo wrote:
    "I thought this thread was deleted...and why am I standing 10 meters off the ground...and where's my shirt?"

Thats a common misconception, the actual quote was "..and where's my skirt"
    edited November 2004
    We are straying of topic, and it's my fault. Now, back to the topic, whenever I figure out what it is. :scratch:
  • Access_DeniedAccess_Denied tennessee
    edited November 2004
    i think it was autocross and hot chicks in bakinis :thumbsup:
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited November 2004
    Leonardo wrote:
    We are straying of topic, and it's my fault. Now, back to the topic, whenever I figure out what it is. :scratch:
    Have we a 'Bit by a moose' forum?
  • edited November 2004

I did not make that up.
    I guess I'm just extrordinarily lucky, I've had that happen twice, as well as split my scalp open to the skull on a (non-moving) airplane propeller and had a spike driven into the back of my head by a falling rear door on a camper-shell. :scratch:
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited November 2004
    Justin wrote:
    I was once bitten on my big toe by a rat in my sleep... :-/