I'm being deployed to Afghanistan.

ClutchClutch North Carolina New
edited March 2010 in The Pub
My brigade is heading out to Afghanistan mid this year, we have heard July, and August, no set date but one of those months. Tomorrow I head into the field for three weeks of training, after that we are going to Louisiana for the month of April for more field training. Once back from Louisiana, we are gearing up for the sandbox.

I can't say where we are going in Afghanistan, but I can say it is a terrible, violent place in the mountains. I haven't even told my wife really about where we are going, as I don't want to freak her out.

I plan to take a few weeks to head back home to NC to see family and friends before we deploy, I can't wait for the beach weather again :rockon:

My unit information is in my Sig, so if anyone hears anything on the news you can check to see if it was my unit or not.

I'll be hanging around here as much as I have time for before we leave, but I doubt we will have any internet out there once I'm gone, so I'll be absent for a year.

Please keep me and my family in your thoughts, it is going to be a very tough year for us, especially Addison not having Daddy around for his first anything, it breaks my heart, but duty calls.

Other than that, rock on Icrontic!

Comments

• DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited February 2010
    Wishing you a safe tour... Thank you for your service!
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Good luck, Clutch. Much love, be safe.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Rock On Clutch. Thank you and good luck!

-Bobby
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Thank you for your service Clutch, we look forward to hearing from you when its all over man.

Stay safe and do the Country proud!
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Stay safe, Clutch!
  • doozerdoozer Florida Member
    edited February 2010
    I'll give you the same advice my dad gave my brother. Don't group up.

Stay safe man and thank you.
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited February 2010
    Thanks, stay safe and good luck! Check in if you can!
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Stay safe, thank you!
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Where will you be in Louisiana? We may have a motorcycle ride going through Fort Polk around that time of year. We ususually do.
    Have a safe return Clutch.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Stay safe, good luck, and stay safe!
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited February 2010
    csimon wrote:
    Where will you be in Louisiana? We may have a motorcycle ride going through Fort Polk around that time of year. We ususually do.
    Have a safe return Clutch.

We will be in Ft. Polk for the month. I look forward to some warm weather, this cold weather sucks.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Thank you and best of luck to you, sir.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    We have a ton of time to say good luck... so for now, you get the best training you can and pay attention. Before you leave we can start getting to all the "be safe, catch you later" stuff. ;D
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Good luck over there, and come home safe. Thanks for your service.
    edited February 2010
    Clutch wrote:
    We will be in Ft. Polk for the month. I look forward to some warm weather, this cold weather sucks.
    North/Mid Louisiana is nice that time of year. If you get a chance try Lea's pies http://www.leaslunchroom.com/ . That would be a special treat I swear. I always look forward to stopping there. If you have a favorite pie try it. If not try the pecan that's always my favorite. Or just try anything you want to.:thumbup:buck:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    so for now, you get the best training you can and pay attention. Before you leave we can start getting to all the "be safe, catch you later" stuff
    Wow, he said it for me!
    edited February 2010
    Yup ...definitely keep safe and have a well return. Keep us posted whenever possible.

Our ride today made it up to Leesville and back to Breaux Bridge. It was awesome really. 3 Vulcan 2000's, 2 Voyagers, a 1600 Classic and Meanstreak SE (mine), 900 custom, and a Goldwing. I'm leaving one out but I just can't recall it at the moment. It was certainly a beautiful day to ride and we managed to avoid any type of predicted rainfall.
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited February 2010
    Be safe my friend, you'll be in our thoughts and prayers.
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited February 2010
    Godspeed and safe return!!
  • Massive_gasMassive_gas Baghdad
    edited March 2010
    1-22

that blows, I feel sorry for you
    I'm at Carson too
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited March 2010
    1-22 isn't that bad. We have been in the field for the past two weeks, I got to come in for a refit to do laundry and rest. We got to march 22 miles back though this Friday. What unit are you in?
  • jokerz4funjokerz4fun Michigan Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Stay safe cluth! I hope the time passes quickly.