The 'Things I want to share with Icrontic' thread!

Comments

• Is that a really pissed off looking Captain Planet?
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Is that a really pissed off looking Captain Planet?
    I prefer the term "gritty," it's more hip. And yes.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
  • RexxarRexxar Maryland Icrontian

Good Lord I would never say that to my parents!
    But I still like this father! Tough love
  • Ugghhhhh.... I don't want to derail this thread because its all supposed to be happy, pony's, rainbows, and people hitting themselves in the crotch.... but, I have an opinion, and I can't seem to help myself today!

@Rexxar - My theory is that she vented some mean shit about him because he actually happens to be an asshole.

I paraphrase George Carlin on one of his many renditions of the ten commandments.

"Respect thy Mother and Father, that's a bullshit rule, it implies that respect is given on the basis of position, where I come from respect is not given, it's earned."

Anyone that would publicly humiliate their child by firing live rounds into a perfectly good working laptop is obviously an asshole. There are better ways to handle conflict, she likely hates him because he is a jerk.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    There are very likely two strong sides to that story. The dad does come across as being a blowhard jerk, though.

Put another way: If his daughter really is such a complete ass of a child, a good deal of that is because of the way she was raised. Kid's a huge jerk? Chances are, so are the parents.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Kid's a huge jerk? Chances are, so are the parents.
    Be that as it may we don't fully know the situation and all we can get from this is by listening to the father. Honestly the dad looked pretty hurt by my eyes on how his daughter was describing both of them. I totally agree shooting the lab top was over the top but I guess he was just trying to make a point. By his words she did not only do this once but a second time so he gave her a second chance and she blew it. Is there a possibility that the father has been too harsh of a parent, maybe? But then I can say to you maybe there is a possibility that the daughter is a snotty nosed brat that doesn’t understand where her limits lie. You just can't know because of the lack of information. All you do know is the daughter made a grave mistake and the father punished her for it. I bet people would not be so against him if he didn’t shoot it and instead just sold it on eBay. Now back to the happy, pony, people get hit in the balls thread.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    the daughter is a snotty nosed brat that doesn’t understand where her limits lie
    Not disagreeing with that. She sounds like a proper turd of a kid. That said, if she's like that, it says a great deal about the parenting, that's all :)
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    For example, the fact that you find a huge objection to situation says a lot about your upbringing, Rexxar :)
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    I think the daughter was in the wrong, deserved some punishment, but perhaps not the destruction of a computer on which she perhaps also did school work.... Am I defending either party? No, not really.

Have I gotten extremely mad and done things I regretted for a long time? Yes. Did my father also before me? Yes.

That's my two cents worth.

John.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    I would have made it a learning moment instead of a shooting moment. He handled immaturity with more immaturity. Anyways...CUTENESS!

• the daughter is a snotty nosed brat that doesn’t understand where her limits lie
    Not disagreeing with that. She sounds like a proper turd of a kid. That said, if she's like that, it says a great deal about the parenting, that's all :)
    That's not always the case though. My parents were, by and large, decent parents. My sister and I came out fine. My younger brother, however, is quite a bit of a "snotty nosed brat" as Rexxar put it. Only some of it is parents, some of it is genetics, still some more of it is their peers and finally, some of it is teachers and other adults that have influenced their life outside the home.

Not that I agree with how he handled it entirely... but the only thing I really take offense at is shooting the laptop. Format it and give it to charity instead.
  • @ardichoke Bro, this thread was back to cuddly bear cubs playing. :nyah:

Let super crazy blowhard redneck Dad figure it out on some other thread.

Now since its Valentines, How about marriage proposals gone bad! On one hand hilarious, on the other it kinda makes my point that public humiliation is not cool. Enjoy!

• trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    Can't stop listening to this: http://deckard.ytmnd.com/
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    holy cow, that was hilarious
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    This makes me happy in so many ways...

Also, she apparently broke her low Eb string.... on a piano.... that's how hard she pianorocks.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Favorite Youtube series. Everything these guys play is hilarious.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    This makes me happy in so many ways...

Also, she apparently broke her low Eb string.... on a piano.... that's how hard she pianorocks.
    Hot. That's all I'm going to say. So hot.

• If you go to her site (http://vkgoeswild.com) there's more video and she puts all her songs up for free download.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Not obscure, made me happy:

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

5:45 = Hilarious
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian