Alabama governor commercial

124»

Comments

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    THERE IS NO WAY OF TRULY KNOWING WHERE THIS THREAD IS SURELY GOING!
    0.jpg
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I flipped over the video and found this.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a8Rwz6zBJSE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a8Rwz6zBJSE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

FUUUU.jpg
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited May 2010
    when did I decide to make a cameo in your comic Canti? Why am I always a bad guy?
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited May 2010
    The reason ilegal imigrants are cheap labour are because they dont pay any taxes on their earnings. In the recent UK general election Lib Dems had a policy over an imigrant amnesty. All imigrants would be granted citizenship and then be eligble for National Health Service and social benfits but would also have to pay tax. This would generate additional revinue to the economy as well driving out the market for cheap labour. Each imigrant would have a permit entitling them to work in a certain area of the country and employers would be fined if they were caught employing people without the right paperwork. Interesting idea.

I personally feel that anyone who would like to come and work in this country should be entitled to do so and should be free to express their own religous and cultural beliefs. Unfortunately in the UK political correctness has gone too far. There was one high profile case of a lady working in a airport being fired for wairing a crucifix on a chain because she was Christian. The argument was that this was considered offensive towards people who were not Christian. Another friend of mine applied to join the local police force but was unofficially told that unless he was female, an ethnic minority or homosexual he would not be offered a job as the force have a "quota" of minoritiy representation. These two examples demonstrate the dangers of legistlating around ethnic background nationality, sexuality or gender. You could even include age as well.

Personally I think the person who can best carry out a job should be given that job regardless of any of the above factors and that everyone should be free to express their own beliefs and culture as long as it does not adversly affect or oppress any other person. The over zealous legislation in the UK that has been designed to create a diverse nation has been taken too far and has actually begun to erase the British Culture. This results in the extreme nationalist views displayed by Tim and actually segrigates the country further.

To sum up live and let live!
  • edited May 2010
    RichD wrote:
    The reason ilegal imigrants are cheap labour are because they dont pay any taxes on their earnings. In the recent UK general election Lib Dems had a policy over an imigrant amnesty. All imigrants would be granted citizenship and then be eligble for National Health Service and social benfits but would also have to pay tax. This would generate additional revinue to the economy as well driving out the market for cheap labour. Each imigrant would have a permit entitling them to work in a certain area of the country and employers would be fined if they were caught employing people without the right paperwork. Interesting idea.

When there are illegal workers, first of all there are illegal employers. Someone reading your post would think that those illegal immigrants are taking advantage of not paying taxes and living a comfortable life. No, they get an income far below the difference of taxes and benefits. Those people are not abusing the system, we are abusing their vulnerability by employing them as cheap workers. When their human rights are violated, they can not call the police out of their fear of being questioned for their immigration status. When their teeth decaying in their mouth, they can not go to a dentist due to low income and lack of health insurance. Even in an emergency, they might try staying away from a hospital (especially in Arizona now). We all take advantage of their cheaper workforce, and when the time comes, start complaining about their status. They are human and they served the society with jobs that nobody cared to do in good times.

Sheesh! I can not believe how heartless some people can be.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I don't really want to jump into this discussion whole heartedly, but I feel it a service to point out, though he does mention it briefly himself, that RichD is in the UK, where the issue of immigrations is vastly different.

The types of immigrants, the jobs they are doing, and the public sentiment are all different in the UK.

Not saying anything about the validity of anyone's comments, just trying to head off a potential argument that could be caused by a misunderstanding.
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited May 2010
    mirage wrote:
    Someone reading your post would think that those illegal immigrants are taking advantage of not paying taxes and living a comfortable life.

That was not the point of my post at all. In the UK healthcare is free due to the NHS being funded from our taxes therefore we do not have health insureance. Illegal imigrants do not have access to these services nor are they entitled to any state unemployment benefit. by granting these imigrants legal status and letting them pay tax they would then be entitled to treatment under the NHS. Hence I believe that the Lib Deb Ideas are good ones in theory, although Im not sure how they would work in practice. If wanting to give people access to free healthcare makes me heartless then so be it...

There is currently a lot of negativity towards imigration (legal and illegal) in the UK due to high unemployment in the recession. It has been one of the most talked about subjects in the in the recent election.

A lot of people use statements like "them foreigners, coming over here, taking our jobs" but the reality is vastly different. If you look at a lot of the jobs that imigrants do, many are jobs that if you asked a "British" Citizen to do they would say no im not doing that I would rather stay on the dole (social security). That, to me, is criminal, that someone would rather live on benefit than do a job that involves manual labour or something less glamorous. Social security is there for when you find you no longer have a job and you need help until you can find another one. Not for you to be able to sit on your arse on benefits because you dont want to work. That show a real lack of pride. The reality is that this country relies on forign workers and I would grind to a halt without them.

EDIT: Technically our Queen is German!
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I really prefer this Shakira video....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHv3qO_Y8kk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHv3qO_Y8kk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/15H98tTEhGw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/15H98tTEhGw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Tell me more.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    More Shakira. Did you know she had short black hair in the 90s and made a video with that guy from the Insane Clown Posse?
    <object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KotlCEGNbh8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I don't know Pete, some of those girls look like illegals.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I'll happily deport them for you.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    All I can think is how difficult it's going to be for those girls to wash off all that honey. They'll be finding it in weird places for a week.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UqjfmUytFp8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UqjfmUytFp8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    RichD wrote:
    In the UK healthcare is free due to the NHS being funded from our taxes therefore we do not have health insureance.

Originally national insurance covered the costs of illness (sick leave and medical expenses) and it still does contribute into the NHS pot but I can see where you're coming from, it's not really comparable to private health insurance.

As for free, you can be charged for various treatments/products on the NHS (drug prescriptions, corrective lenses, dental work, custom items from a podiatrist, etc) though rarely the full amount and the list of exemptions is as long as my arm.