This is why you're single.

Comments

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited February 2013
    ardichoke said:

Seriously though, if you're going to take someones profile and use it to insult them, maybe have the decency to censor their user name and photo.

I agree-- I only posted the one with the username because it had already been posted on a highly public website (where I pulled it from), so I figured the damage had been done.

I don't mind the photo being shared, personally-- usually they aren't good enough photos to identify people.
  • djmephdjmeph Detroit Icrontian
    JBoogalooRahnalH102GnomeQueen
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    If there was ever a time to insert "Om Nom Nom"
    JBoogaloo
    Every time I see that I wonder what it was like that night.
    djmeph said:

Every time I see that I wonder what it was like that night.

Would pay money to know that.
    djmeph
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    Am I the only one that thought that guy was the_technocrat at first?
    WagsFTW
    Any LA peeps wanna weigh in on this?

If this is true, Swingers was ALL LIES.
    ickybodclay
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    I'm pretty much permasingle at this point. #winning right?
    cola said:

I'm pretty much permasingle at this point. #winning right?

I'm fairly certain @Lincoln would agree that that's by choice.
    TeramonaLincdjmephcola
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    edited February 2013
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    oni_dels said:
    Nice. I looked around for more info and found, when you skip a question, it won't be counted in the match percents at all. Even for the potential matches who labeled the question Mandatory! And questions you haven't been asked yet aren't counted either. So keep an eye on those important questions your 97% match didn't answer.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    I wrote this namely to get it off my chest. In a psycho-literal way ... is that even a valid word? Ehh I don't care. I'm feeling literal heartache due to a purely psychological reason. So it makes sense to me.

The past few weeks have had events that kept bringing me back to "relationships" in general. Oddly none were Valentine's Day related, or at least not consciously. A day or two ago a particularly touching scene (this was definitely not Valentine's related, it came out of left field) finally got to me. An ache that passed years ago returned and made me question my future. I've already been doing that a lot lately, and this just adds another dynamic to it. However, I think back to my solution from last time. Namely that I've chosen the path I'm on so that I'll be able to support my own family in the future, and that these dull pains will come and go. After all, how can I support my family if I can't support myself? This negligible "suffering" will be worth it in the end. That doesn't mean I can't keep my eyes open for that special someone though. These thoughts calm me and help me endure it, though nothing lessens the ache but time and, occasionally, sleep. That's the main reason I'm writing this. To get it off my mind, and therefore body, so I can get some rest and continue on my way.

A bit past halfway through that is why I am single.
    djmeph
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    edited February 2013
    RahnalH102

@RahnalH102 I find myself in a very similar situation. Although I've been in this situation for years and I'm closer to the "end" than the beginning. It started with losing everything, gaining 60 pounds and blowing up to 315, and detoxing from a massive drug addiction, then slowly crawling my way out of that hole. For me, it was just very difficult to find a woman that was willing to deal with all of that as I pulled up my own bootstraps. I've come a long way, but I'm still not quite there. A lot of women that I date look at where I'm at, instead of how far I've come, and they just can't handle it. In a lot of ways I will be paying for my mistakes the rest of my life, but I know if I find a woman that is willing to see through my past, as well as being able to accept me for who I am, I'm going to be very grateful and good to her.
    TeramonaRahnalH102JBoogalooCanti
    Thank you all. Throwing that out there and getting some good sleep for once does wonders. /hug
    http://okweirdo.tumblr.com/post/43503553405

Someone sent me that EXACT message once. I had no idea it was copied. Heh.
  • ickybodclayickybodclay Madison Heights, MI Member
    @GnomeQueen that is a terrible fucking message... it is not witty or intelligent at all! But it does make me want to have a physical relationship with them - my fist into their face.

@GnomeQueen that is a terrible fucking message... it is not witty or intelligent at all! But it does make me want to have a physical relationship with them - my fist into their face.

I also got another message that I've been seeing making its way around the OKC tumblrs... "9/10 would pollinate"

Oh yea, TOTALLY replied to that guy. ಠ_ಠ

WagsFTW
  • SignalSignal Icrontian

I also got another message that I've been seeing making its way around the OKC tumblrs... "9/10 would pollinate"

Oh yea, TOTALLY replied to that guy. ಠ_ಠ

I'd like to think this originated from some guy messaging a girl that has flowers in her profile pic.
  • ickybodclayickybodclay Madison Heights, MI Member
    edited February 2013
    djmephRahnalH102
    That moment when

Becomes

B-)
    TushonmidgaprimesuspectRyanMM
    edited March 2013
    Very interesting conversation with someone I was very interested in.

She's a fitness nut and an academic. Also, she's covered in tattoos. <3. We initially bonded over what I thought was our mutual taste for physical activity, active and healthy lifestyle, etc. She also expressed interest in trains. Off to a good start.

I dig deeper and start to learn things about her that make me realize that we are not compatible. She hates her job. She hates the winter. In fact, she doesn't really seem to be happy with most things in her life. Dig deeper and she mentions something about staying "healthy" while her coworkers are out partying, while at a conference in Vegas. At this point I'm just completely honest with her. I'm a glutton. I love beer. I smoke a little fun stuff here and there. I do what I love and balance it out with physical activity, which I also gain much pleasure from. I mean basically, I'm winning.

Her response? "I exercise to be healthy, not as an excuse to make poor choices."

So you think these are poor choices? Dealbreakers? "Yes."

I mean, to each their own, but this presents a huge conundrum. She's generally miserable about almost every aspect of her life. She doesn't like where she lives or the climate here. She hates her job and hates school, but she's pursuing a PhD in her career. And she thinks the only way to stay healthy is to eliminate her vices. She doesn't enjoy food. She can't even bring herself to enjoy a few drinks in Vegas. Worst of all, she's set a standard for the men she dates that they're going to have to be as miserable as her. I think this is why she's single. Also, I feel like these are the type of people who become axe murderers.

Is there something inherently wrong with enjoying life?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    ardichokeRyanMMWagsFTW
    "They say the Devil's water, it ain't so sweet. You don't have to drink right now, but you can dip your feet every once in awhile." Sprang to mind.

How I see it is, it's OK to do the "bad" stuff from time to time. There is an inherent balance to things and staying to far to either side won't always be the best course of action. Ya know, moderation. Having a little alcohol every odd week or so can actually be good for you for example. I believe that applied specifically to wine but I wouldn't be surprised if certain other alcoholic beverages could offer the same thing. Idk, you all are the alcohol/tea masters. Anyway, to get the most out of life you need to experience a bit of everything, certain amounts are unnecessary, and there are plenty of ways to experience these experiences without compromising your goals.

In short, what Thrax memed.
    Be Happy. That's really all there is to it.
    CBJBoogalooRyanMM
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Greatest warrior ever? Seems legit.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    W. T. F? I almost died laughing at that!
    I got messaged by a guy with this as his entire profile yesterday:

You and I aren't alike. I don't do things for attention or to fit in. I am who I am because I am who I am. I don't need to make an effort at being who I am. I don't have piercings, tattoos, or any interest in trying to make myself stand out. I don't want to fuck you. I don't care what school of indoctrination you graduated from or where you received controlled knowledge. I don't care to whom you're a slave and how much your owner pays you. No one is better than anyone else as much as you would like to believe you are. You aren't different. Just a product of what you've been exposed to.

You should message me if
    You want to talk. Maybe be friends. That's all this site has to offer other than a bunch of sheep led astray by their own egos. Meetings based on lust rather than connection. That's what forming a bond between two people truly is. Cough cough