This is why you're single.

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    lol
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I'm not 100% sure if Tim just kinda validated my point or not? :hair: LOL

Let me say, there are obviously some awesome people on OKCupid, like anywhere else. You two are both awesome and each deserve someone wonderful. I'm telling ya though, looking at OKCupid, 80% of the female profiles read that way to me. They come off like very elaborate planed projections of themselves and so many of them are similar in that regard. I find it annoyingly competitive. It's added an elaborate first step to the dating process. It places the users in an awkward position of over-thinking before just saying hello. Technology is wonderful, the internet enabled Michelle and I to meet eventually marry and have a beautiful kid. I'm not saying I'm completely opposed to the idea of using the internet to locate a good date, I'm just saying that particular site does not impress me.

I don't know...... maybe its the current generation of twenty somethings that I fail to understand, maybe its just being single in general that I have lost touch with. I'd accept those criticisms, they are likely fair. I'm just being honest, from the outside looking in, I don't envy you all, it's like the tools that are supposed to simplify things have only served to create an initial step for everyone to obsess over vs. just getting straight down to business and you know, actually talking to each other. It's difficult enough to know what you want when you are young and trying to figure it all out, the tools should help you narrow your search vs. giving your an impossibly large number of terrible options to weed through.
  • djmephdjmeph Detroit Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I find that the tool helps me narrow my search.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I just re-read this
    "Look guys, I'm a prize, I'm brilliant, I read all the time, I enjoy eating all kinds of exotic hipster food, love expensive wine, I'm working on my second graduate degree, and I'd love for someone to take me places, travel the world with me and be my Prince (be good looking, funny, brilliant, financially better off than me)....But..... I really don't need a guy because I'm just so gosh darn independent and brilliant and sophisticated all by myself, but come on, be my Prince anyway, I'll likely talk down to you to make you feel unimportant because I'm a woman that has to let you know how unnecessary you are to validate my own independence, but you know, I'm awesome and I deserve a Prince that will want to take care of me anyway...." Insert cute image, possibly with a tasteful amount of cleavage, and wait for the suckers to line up!

And I have to say, this is one of the best things you've ever written. ;D
    Nemikan
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I just re-read this

And I have to say, this is one of the best things you've ever written. ;D

I reread, and reLOLed.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    MAGIC wrote:
    I reread, and reLOLed.
    Me too... Nice writing, Cliff!
    edited October 2011
    SallyFieldOscar+you+like+me.jpg

You like me, your really like me!!!
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    djmeph wrote:
    I find that the tool helps me narrow my search.

The tool knows what it wants.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Gargoyle wrote:
    The tool knows what it wants.

You know what tool she wants.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Skipped reading most of this thread. Just wanted to say that fuck I love OkCupid. I first talked to my current girlfriend through there after being introduced to her by a girl that I met through OKC (and went on a few dates with, but it was clear we were more friend-compatible than romantically compatible). She "introduced" us by sending us each others OKC profile links.

Spoiler: been dating her now for almost 11 months. Just got back from our first joint vacation. Talk of moving in together as well as larger things.

Thanks OKC.
  • edited October 2011
    I met my wife back in the early 90s via a multiline BBS I use to run out of my house. I don't know if I could do it today though. On or offline dating seems to have become really complicated theses days.
    edited October 2011
    I met my wife back in the early 90s via a multiline BBS I use to run out of my house.

That is awesome.
    edited October 2011
    eygjf.png
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    OHGOD... I almost ran in the other direction just reading that.
    edited October 2011
    It makes me want to get my shit laminated.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    >there is no reaction image for what I'm feeling.jpg
    edited October 2011
    Fudge, I'm three messages in with this girl and I already told her that I hang out with furries. This is why I'm single.
    edited October 2011
    djmeph wrote:
    It makes me want to get my shit laminated.

Business opportunity?
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I'm just reading this thread for the first time and a couple things stand out to me.

#1:
    djmeph wrote:
    eventually I'll commit to one if we can figure out how to make our independent lives work together.

^^^ THIS ^^^

If you can't both be yourselves and fit together doing so, whoever doesn't get to be true to her/himself will initiate the breakup, in any of the various forms that initiating takes on.

#2: I hope I'm not the only one who lol'd at Magic's 1 fitting into 0 comment.

#3: Beard Attraction Syndrome comment by Jokke should become an article.
    edited October 2011
    Beard attraction should become someone's thesis.
    edited October 2011
    Last night I went on the first date with an aerial acrobat. I have decided not to call her until tomorrow. She has an unsettling obsession with her dog, but other than that she's very cool, and she speaks polish.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Aerial acrobat that speaks Polish. My vote is yes. She sounds like fun! Maybe her dog is really awesome. :P
    edited October 2011
    All dogs are really awesome.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    AERIAL ACROBATS are GENERALLY HOT. And also LIMBER.
    edited October 2011
    All of the above, I've seen the pictures.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    djmeph wrote:
    All of the above, I've seen the pictures.

Meph, you stand on the precipice of dating legend. "So guys, this one time I went out with a Polish Aerial Acrobat with a dog fetish..." DO EET, but The aerial acrobatics didn't happen without pictures....
    edited October 2011
    Found out today that she rides a motorcycle.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    What kind of dog does she have?

20pavjq.png
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Canti wrote:
    What kind of dog does she have?

20pavjq.png

Ugh, my cousins all have dogs like that and they're all TERRIBLE. Except the one that they keep the hair short on. He's pretty cool.