Watch the first ep of Disney's AWESOME Tron: Uprising

ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind DroneAustin, TX
edited May 2012 in The Pub
It's a new animated series, and the style is really cool

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI
    Style is Mirror's Edge meets Aeon Flux. Looks good.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)>
    Holy hell. The clichés are endless, but it doesn't even matter. I want to watch them all, right now. D:
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario
    Not available to view in Canada....

Well crap :D
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)>
    You should sue Canada. Also, you can watch at EPIC...and then cry because you can't see the rest =/
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England
    Nor in the UK, will watch later.
  • >character introduced
    >kill off 2 minutes later
    >BODI4 EVER

Good lord this is awful

Does make me wonder how these programs work anyway or how they're written, and with what code
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX
    edited May 2012
    This trailer is now available to everyone: http://bit.ly/GDDGQ0
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan
    Batman Beyond? Is that you?
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish
    Two light cycles and a microphone.

Eh, not bad but feels so formulaic. It's just teens in glowy suits in a glowy world - they don't act like programs.
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX
    Nobody acted like programs in TRON, either.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf-
    edited May 2012
    It's perfectly TRON. Betsy and I both liked it, though she's a bit confused by the chronology, since she's only seen TRON: Legacy.

We're looking forward to seeing the next episode, and have high hopes for it. Mostly, I hope it spends some time each episode delving into the mythology of the world.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK
    Not available to view in Canada....

Well crap :D
    Sounds like you should come to Expo.
  • It was actually ok. Beck and Tron had a nice little scene, and some of the fights were actually good. I think they packed too much action in the pilot, but then again its more a child of Tron: Legacy, and not the original.

It seemed to be a lot LIKE Tron Legacy right down to its big problems that turned me off from the movie. Too much overdone matrix style action, too little sense of the world of the grid and the identity of characters, and bad dialog.

But, it wasn't exactly terrible. True I did crack up as soon as Bodi's 2 minute life in the show was cut short, but there were some interesting bits. The discussion with Tron and Beck and what it means to be Tron was interesting. The final fight scene which wasn't too much star wars prequal action was really good. The fact he spared the asian guy from the train. Just little moments that were actually good.

Problem is i can't see it being good and strengthening the things they did right and leaving what they did wrong. Because... it's a show for kids. They're going to pander to their demographic and do what gets more kids. Which is more pointless choreographed fight scenes, basic dialog, and unexplained world of the grid.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf-

Problem is i can't see it being good and strengthening the things they did right and leaving what they did wrong. Because... it's a show for kids. They're going to pander to their demographic and do what gets more kids. Which is more pointless choreographed fight scenes, basic dialog, and unexplained world of the grid.
    That's what I thought would happen with The Clone Wars, but it just keeps getting better.
  • The one with the 5 minute blurbs and samurai jack style art? Oh man if Tron did that, all of my bueno~
  • Problem is i can't see it being good and strengthening the things they did right and leaving what they did wrong. Because... it's a show for kids. They're going to pander to their demographic and do what gets more kids. Which is more pointless choreographed fight scenes, basic dialog, and unexplained world of the grid.
    I mean seriously, why should a cartoon fantasy about a living video game be for kids?? :scratch: