feel like s##t

erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native TexanHouston,Texas
edited August 2012 in The Pub
Okay guys here's the deal. Back in July the 29th I made a purchase on eBay. It was a decal that said the Umbrella Corporation. To make a long story short the first decal that was sent to me had not arrived at all. I went ahead and contacted the eBay member and request that he send another decal on the 15th. Today I opened up the case against him on eBay soon after I opened up the case he refunded the entire amount. I got home around 11 o'clock tonight and I check the mail then low and behold both had arrived at the same time.
I contacted the eBay member asking him is there anyway I can compensate him for both items that he sent including shipment charges. And also in the message I apologize for any inconvenience.
A very embarrassing moment for me.

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    No really, sorry for your embarrassment. I hate when that happens.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX
    The worst experience I ever had on eBay was back during the 2004 presidential election. I was pulling for John Kerry and when he lost some paper in Europe ran a full front page announcing he won. I purchased a copy on eBay and the seller shipped it USPS. I didn't see it for a week so I sent off a message to the guy stating I didn't receive it yet. All I got back was "Tracking number XYZ says you did". I replied back stating I understood what the tracking said but it did not physically make it to me. He basically replied back again with the same, this time more in the tone calling me a liar. I left him neutral feedback because I knew it wasn't his fault but he wasn't even willing to talk about the possibility of the package being lost. He came back and left me negative feedback and left a reply on my neutral again showing the tracking number. This was back before anything could be done about this sort of thing on eBay so I had to deal with it. I did not deal with it well. I threw him a nice email (outside of eBay) and very harshly told him in quite strong words to die in a fire while stepping in front of a fast moving truck. He deleted his account a little while after that and that pretty effectively told the correct story about that situation in my feedback.

I still don't like eBay and never recommend anyone use it to buy or sell items. There are much better, cheaper and more effective ways to go.

-Digi
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA
    edited August 2012
    Worst experience I've had with eBay was the time I was buying a bulk lot of double-sided PC133 256MB SDRAM modules. The modules were advertised as datacenter server pulls (ha ha for desktop modules) and the picture was of an enterprise RAM tray filled with sticks of RAM. The seller stated that he was selling these on behalf of a ferret rescue charity (cool).

So I was surprised when I received a package stuffed with newsprint and the RAM modules were wrapped in a candy wrapper inside a ziplock bag. The RAM modules were what I had bought, but they all smelled pretty clearly of cigarette smoke. Warranty was as-is and like a quarter of them were bad. They were OEM modules so the lifetime warranty from the RAM manufacturer didn't apply.

Anyway, I wrote a neutral feedback stating that they stank like smoke, which is something you absolutely have to mention in an electronics sale, and that the packaging was not as pictured. I get this RAGE e-mail from the seller about how smokers are unfairly discriminated against and how I hate ferrets replete with profanity and other personal attacks. I forwarded that little gem to eBay customer service but it doesn't seem like anything became of it.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA
    edited August 2012
    Okay guys here's the deal. Back in July the 29th I made a purchase on eBay. It was a decal that said the Umbrella Corporation. To make a long story short the first decal that was sent to me had not arrived at all. I went ahead and contacted the eBay member and request that he send another decal on the 15th. Today I opened up the case against him on eBay soon after I opened up the case he refunded the entire amount. I got home around 11 o'clock tonight and I check the mail then low and behold both had arrived at the same time.
    I contacted the eBay member asking him is there anyway I can compensate him for both items that he sent including shipment charges. And also in the message I apologize for any inconvenience.
    A very embarrassing moment for me.
    Embarrassing moment as it may have been, you did everything the right way. You owned up to it, apologized and even made an attempt to compensate the seller for any inconvenience he/she may have experienced. These moments happen, but sometimes there are good relationships between sellers and customers formed this way. It shows a person's true nature and I have no doubt that the seller has a greater respect for you doing what you did. I'd say screw calling it an embarrassing moment, more people (when this mistake is made) should follow this example. I applaud what you did...because it's very rare to hear of someone doing the same. Well done :)
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA
    I meant to say "person's true nature" damn site won't accept my edits...
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)>
    @JBoogaloo Looks fine to me...

My worst eBay experience comes from eBay itself. I stopped using my account for quite a while. Just figured out that there were better ways to get what I wanted more reliably. I one day found, though, that my account had been locked because it had been hacked and used to sell some boots (almost certainly a scam with no boots being sold). I call up eBay support, tell them the situation, and that I would like to have my account back so I could re-secure it. They informed me that I would have to fax in a copy of my Social Security Card to do this. Long, unpleasant conversation and story short, I asked if they could just lock it so no one would ever have access to it, and they said yes ("but then you can't use it. All you have to do is fax your social --" >_> ). So, my eBay account is locked, and I will never use eBay again.