12th Doctor to be revealed tommorrow, let the speculation begin!

2»

Comments

• Is anybody else watching The Thick of It now to see what Peter Capaldi is like as an actor? Guessing he won't be as angry and sweary as The Doctor, of course :D
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK
    Is anybody else watching The Thick of It now to see what Peter Capaldi is like as an actor? Guessing he won't be as angry and sweary as The Doctor, of course :D
    Hadn't watched that. I've seen him in Torchwood: Children of Earth and he was pretty good there.
    GnomeQueen
  • So what will happen after the end of the 13th Doctor? Will they change the rules?
    This article says that they are just going to quietly ditch that part of the mythos. I think it'd be cool if they have to run around freaking out trying to fix it instead, though.
    If they wanted to continue with the limited number, The Master was provided with a new set of regenerations, and River gave The Doctor hers - she had used at least her first regeneration, so there could be as many as eleven more there.
    GnomeQueen
    That was two seasons ago so... No.
  • I just felt like using that, so... Yes.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA
    They'll likely just ignore that he was in Fires of Pompeii. Karen Gillan was also in that episode, but I don't think it was ever mentioned while she was a companion.
    I just felt like using that, so... Yes.
    Fair enough.
    They'll likely just ignore that he was in Fires of Pompeii. Karen Gillan was also in that episode, but I don't think it was ever mentioned while she was a companion.
    They did not mention it at all. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if there was some minor reference to the role he played in Torchwood.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth
    I just felt like using that, so... Yes.
    Fair enough.
    They did not mention it at all. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if there was some minor reference to the role he played in Torchwood.
    Yea, he had a bigger role on Torchwood than in the Fires of Pompeii, so I think that'd be what they'd have to worry about, although the fans seem to be more focused on his Pompeii role.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England
    Is anybody else watching The Thick of It now to see what Peter Capaldi is like as an actor?
    +1 DO THIS

That said, TTOI is British as fuck, septics would have an easier time watching the movie 'In The Loop' (he's still Malcolm Tucker, just in an American/UN/British setting) but I know @midga coped fine with TTOI.

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)>
    Is anybody else watching The Thick of It now to see what Peter Capaldi is like as an actor?
    +1 DO THIS

That said, TTOI is British as fuck, septics would have an easier time watching the movie 'In The Loop' (he's still Malcolm Tucker, just in an American/UN/British setting) but I know @midga coped fine with TTOI.

Right, but only with lots of explanation. Totally worth a watch if you don't mind having no idea what's going on and just laughing at the silly Brits and their moonspeak.
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN
    So what will happen after the end of the 13th Doctor? Will they change the rules?
    They already did, there using the whole "13 is Gallefreyan law and Gallefrey no longer exists" loophole
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL
    I must have missed the whole idea that 13 was a law rather than an actual physical restriction or something.
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN
    Well also, back in the 60's they said 13 because they never thought the show would last this long, now they have to weasel their way out.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England

Brother showed me this today, wish it was official.
    Creeperbane2GnomeQueen