If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NFL Football 2013/14

Comments

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    YOU HAD ONE JOB LUCK, ONE JOB!
    GHoosdum
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited December 2013
    I never thought I'd cheer for Cassel again. He did it, he got the Chiefs to the playoffs, just not on our team. Thanks Matty, you're the best... 2nd bes... 3rd b... you're an OK guy.

Edit: Nevermind, the Vikings took that gun, aimed right at their feet, and pulled the trigger.
    Creeperbane2
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I didn't enjoy watching my team fall apart this week.
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    PirateNinja
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! SoCal Icrontian
    DM;DW

-Digi
    PirateNinja
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

accurate

PirateNinja
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    So, why isn't McCown the Bears starting QB now?
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    shwaip said:

*angry hiss*
  • shwaip said:

The first sclisi jingle to be tattooed?
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    Yay good Phillip Rivers showed up tonight.
    edited December 2013
    One more win for the list!
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    I just got back from the Monday Night game. I am in a lost of words right now. Sick to my stomach.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Ugh. Baltimore winning put the Bengals on a path that they might not even make the playoffs. Even if we win next week, we could still miss the playoffs. Just win baby!!
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited December 2013
    The Monday night game was one of the most entertaining of the season. Defensively hard hitting but mostly clean on both sides, close all the way through and DAT KICK!

Has a kicker ever had a better game?

It's not entirely improbable that the Ravens might win out and go in as the #2 seed with a bye and home playoff game.

Damn...now I'm bummed that I passed out last night and missed the game.
    Well one nice thing about that game is the fact that the Bengals-Ravens game in Cincinnati at the end of the season will now most likely be relevant. I have tickets to the game so I was hoping that it wouldn't be a game that didn't mean anything.
    Cliff_Forster
  • @CrazyJoe - I may join you. Thinking about making a road trip, the one game I saw in Cinci the fans were fantastic.
    Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo, it could be a possibility to Drive to Cincy Saturday morning/afternoon to go to the game Sunday and then leave the next morning and head to ICHQ for ICNY? Maybe? MAYBE??????
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Huber got wrecked. I suppose it was a clean hit, but watching some other clips of the guy that hit him show him consistently trying to slam his shoulder into the bottom of people's helmets, pretty dirty if he is actually trying to do that.
    Well if anyone wants to go to the game I will be in section 306, row 17. I would love to then ride up to ICHQ for ICNY but I have to drive my grandma to the doctor on Monday.
    Yeah, I just saw a gif of the hit and it looked like he was going for a "BLAMO" shot more than a block. I don't think I'd call it clean because it looks to me like lowers his head and then appears to rear up into the hit it aiming to make something happen to that guy. It's the kicker for heaven's sake, just stay low and let him run into you (he looked like he really just started to angle himself to run towards the returner anyhow, he wasn't barreling ass at him). Gavin didn't need to go for a "Imma put his ass in the ground" hit...

photo kevin-huber-hit-hard-by-steelers_zps0672a41a.gif
    edited December 2013
    I thought it was a bit excessive.

But you gotta be looking where you're running...

I guess he's got a fractured jaw and vertabrae
  • DOH, can't get out of work on the 30th so I'll be watching the Baltimore @ Cinci season closer on TV.

• I hate to say it because we all know the Steelers are dirty, but that is a clean block. The punter was in position to make a play. It's not like a cheap shot Warren Sapp would lay on guys 30 yards away from the ball. He was in position to make a play moving towards the ball-carrier, the blocker kept his feet planted. It sucks, but the thing is if you chop him maybe he blows out a knee, if he pulls up sometimes those collisions are worse. Hate to see anyone get hurt, but it's a violent game.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited December 2013
    I disagree that punters should get extra protection, especially if they get lauded for things like this:

Watching it a few more times from different angles makes me think that it should have been a penalty regardless of who he hit.
  • I'm under the impression that under the current NFL rules, helmet-to-head/face is always supposed to be a penalty.