NFL Football 2013/14

Comments

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH
    Chump change for him.
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN
    I don't know how but......SO MUCH WIN!!!
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO
    I mean you would know if you watched the refs not watch the game.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX
    Pretty sure I blew the season by not making my picks this week and Miami lost :mean:

-Digi
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL
    Go Bengals!! As much as I hated having to root for the Ravens and hope they beat the Patriots, a loss by them gives us the AFC North. Playoffs three years in a row for the first time ever for the Bengals!!
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI
    need help.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA
    My Skins season was disappoint...as was that ridiculous loss to the Cowboys yesterday, ugh. Oh well, there is rebuilding to be done in the off-season.
    edited December 2013
    I'm just going to leave this here.
    JBoogaloo
  • We'll get you next time Brady, NEXT TIME!!!
    JBoogaloo
    We'll get you next time Brady, NEXT TIME!!!
    That's what I get for rooting for the Ratbirds. Oh well. We win the division and might get lucky and make it into a #2 seed if Buffalo can play like they did against Miami and pull out the upset over the Patriots. I'll be at the Bengals game next week celebrating our division title after we trounce the Ratbirds and end their season.

• We'll get you next time Brady, NEXT TIME!!!
    That's what I get for rooting for the Ratbirds. Oh well. We win the division and might get lucky and make it into a #2 seed if Buffalo can play like they did against Miami and pull out the upset over the Patriots. I'll be at the Bengals game next week celebrating our division title after we trounce the Ratbirds and end their season.

Don't get cocky, this is the NFL we're talking about. Look what happened in the Steelers game when everyone picked the Bengals for an easy victory...
  • edited December 2013
    @CrazyJoe - I understand the angst coming from a guy who's favorite franchise is one where the all time greatest player is Boomer Esiason....
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA
    Bills were THIS close to having a great year
    For the seasons they've had and the injuries experienced they did fucking well.
    I say next year, total contenders, possibly top of their division...yes, I said that.
    Because of my brother I've seriously enjoyed watching their games this year and have serious high expectations from them next year, they got the team, just gotta get that off-season cohesiveness.

Don't get cocky, this is the NFL we're talking about. Look what happened in the Steelers game when everyone picked the Bengals for an easy victory...
    I've been a Bengals fan my entire life, we don't get cocky about anything. The Bengals always fine a way to Bungle something up...
    GHoosdum

This deserve a personal foul?? Come on, man.....
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI
    Leading with the helmet. Yep.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA
    I'm not sure how that was leading with the helmet in the sense of the NFL rules, which require it to be the crown of the helmet (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000247646/NFL-Officiating-Crown-of-the-Helmet-rule). He did everything they're instructed to do (including turning his shoulder into the hit). It is ridiculous to require defensive backs to perform nothing but fit tackles and I'm pretty sure you don't want them going at a players lower body.

You can try and make an argument for defenseless receiver, but I think that could be a bit of a bang-bang on that type of play.
    Chooch
  • edited December 2013
    @MiracleManS that's a great video. Football is so complicated to officiate now. If I were in charge I'd simplify the rules. Did the ball hit the ground? No? It's a catch.... Did the defender leave his feet or launch upward to make the hit? No? It's clean. They pretty much set up NFL Ref's to fail.
    I think leading with helmet would be this

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI
    It's both. That's the unfortunate gray area. If the hit had been shifted 5 inches to the left, that's a shoulder-to-shoulder hit, and everything's fine. Where it is, yes, it looks like a clean tackle to me as well (or at least not intentionally harmful), but it's easily misconstrued as leading with the helmet, especially from the positions refs are often in.
  • simple fix. remove helmets from the game.

that will make them think twice before going head/helmet first on a tackle :)
    trooster89
    edited December 2013
    simple fix. remove helmets from the game.

You know, as ridiculous as some may say this is I think that maybe this could be a valid direction change to things nowadays (the future learning injuries aside). I won't say this is the right answer, but I guess it couldn't be any worse than the "arms race" between athletes trying to become the largest/hardest hitting player they can be and other athletes hoping the current equipment available is capable of protecting them when they take that hit.

down to the final week of regular season, just like the Cowboys every year...
    BobbyDigi
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA
    edited December 2013
    simple fix. remove helmets from the game.

You know, as ridiculous as some may say this is I think that maybe this could be a valid direction change to things nowadays (the future learning injuries aside). I won't say this is the right answer, but I guess it couldn't be any worse than the "arms race" between athletes trying to become the largest/hardest hitting player they can be and other athletes hoping the current equipment available is capable of protecting them when they take that hit.
    It's not ridiculous at all, and is one of the reasons rugby is vastly less dangerous than football. Boxers wear gloves to protect their hands, not the other persons face, etc. Football hit force has gone up due to increased player size and padding them actually makes the overall impacts worse because your brain and other organs move around regardless of how padded your shoulders or helmet is ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_traumatic_encephalopathy#American_football ... the NFL recently settled a 700+ million dollar lawsuit about this. do keep in mind the "research warning" on the wiki leak. We've only recently begun looking into this and as such, do not have properly controlled and long-term studies done, but the current case studies and post-mortem biopsies are quite telling.
    JBoogaloo
    Whelp, 9th ain't a bad finish
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou
    edited December 2013
    weren't you in 1st after week one though :scratch:
    weren't you 2nd after week one though :scratch:
  • We all know who the man is around here. CAW!