Movember 2013...are you interested?

JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass...Alexandria, VA Icrontian
edited September 2013 in The Pub
I'm doing this again this year and starting a team. It was fun last year, but I'm mainly more involved this year because I've experienced the scare of what could be and things like this make awareness both fun and productive. I'd love to have you IC fellas (and ladies if ya can grow'em, lol) on the team "{IC} Mustaches" (it can be changed if you don't find it as funny as I did when I started it).

If you're interested, go here and we'll get the team going. I'd love to raise a good amount this year ($500 and above if possible). Care to join me in growing ridiculous mustaches, taking care of the "boys" and having a good laughing time doing it? I'd appreciate it!

paging:
@RyanMM
@Tushon
@Cliff_Forster
@CannonFodder
@PirateNinja
@Shorty

Comments

• oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    i'd love to, since i'm pretty much always beardy:
    but i can't really grow a moustache properly,
    and it takes forever for me to grow a beard so i cant start from scratch for november or else it'll only be grown by march

i can do novembeard...
    JBoogaloo
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Unless you're this guy or this guy no one will ever grow "proper" mustaches, lol! But, you're totally more than welcome to jump in on this and get that face even more beardyer!
    oni_dels
  • Oh man that's tempting. Let me think about it a bit before committing.
    JBoogaloo
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited September 2013
    I wish I could grow facial hair like Tom Selleck.

...I just realized my uncle has the same mustache.

THE COMMAND MUSTACHE!!!!

JBoogalooPirateNinjamidgaCreeperbane2
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    Definitely in for this
    JBoogaloo
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    My stache is about as good as it will get for me right now. I don't think it has actually grown at all past its current length is at least 3 months. Just long enough I can curl it up, but not long enough the entire mustache takes part in the curl.
    JBoogaloo
  • PinkPink Colour Sweden Icrontian
    Oh god... I look horrible with a beard but this sounds almost too fun to resist O_O
    JBoogaloo
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    I think we should absolutely do an Icrontic team. Last year I was not happy with my team's performance.

@djmeph should join us as well.
    JBoogalooLeahVoice
  • djmephdjmeph Detroit Icrontian
    I'll have to see if my team is doing it again this year, but maybe my team can join your team. We have some strong mustaches.
    JBoogaloo
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    In.
    JBoogaloo
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    Could ladies participate with their legs?
    Creeperbane2midga
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I don't see why not :)
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Handlebar legstache?
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    Could someone explain this whole thing to me. Last year all I got when I asked people all I got was, "It's for cancer bro." How does this help? The site link in JBoogaloo's post doesn't help explain much more than 'Grow a mustache, help raise money and awareness for cancer.'
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Join team. Team take pledges. Team grows wild beards for 30 days. Collect money after 30 days of beard. Money goes to cancer research groups.
    JBoogaloo
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    i'm in pre-game mode, so i shaved just to see how long it'll take to grow back...
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Does October count? Already starting :)
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    Thrax said:

Join team. Team take pledges. Team grows wild beards for 30 days. Collect money after 30 days of beard. Money goes to cancer research groups.

NO BEARDS ALLOWED. If your mustache connects to hair on your chin, THAT IS RIGHT OUT.

You must grow a mustache in order to look significantly ridiculous so as to spur conversations about men's health awareness.
    JBoogaloo