City of Detroit bill collectors

erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native TexanHouston,Texas
OK a friend of my mother has an uncle who died 30 years ago and left no will. here is what's funny the city of Detroit code enforcement is trying to bill her $2,000+ for maintenance such as cutting the grass & chasing away vagrants.
I believe she was threatened with an arrest warrant.
at first she thought it was some sort of scam.
she tried calling them but the number is disconnected.

Comments

• Sounds like a scam. Advise her to record when they call and the number, then get in touch with law enforcement.
    midga
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit
    Hahaha, yeah right, Detroit has trouble tracking down who owes it property taxes and there's no way on this earth that they are cutting *any* lawns. They can't even mow the parks.
    midgaMAGICErrorNullTurnip
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI
    The city does not cut lawns or "chase away vagrants". Nope. If you believe that it came from a legitimate city of Detroit agency, track down the district representative. If you PM me (or just post) the mailing address, I can look up who your district rep is.
    erichblas2005
  • erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native Texan Houston,Texas
    The city does not cut lawns or "chase away vagrants". Nope. If you believe that it came from a legitimate city of Detroit agency, track down the district representative. If you PM me (or just post) the mailing address, I can look up who your district rep is.
    I'll take you up on that. expect a pm some time this week