We're gettin pretty good at the whole Appocalypse survival thing ain't we?

Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian ScoundrelIndianapolis, IN
Happy Ragnarok one and all, see y'all an Valhalla. Heh heh heh...
http://www.examiner.com/article/ragnarok-end-of-the-world-vikings-doomsday-prediction-ends-up-like-mayans

[actual photo of today's events, the dieity on the horse was unavible for comment]

Comments

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario
    Someone actually tried to associate a year to Ragnarok? What.

There's literally no date in Norse Mythology, it was just a series of events occurring at non specific times which lead to the death of the Midgard and the gods themselves.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA
    Someone actually tried to associate a year to Ragnarok? What.

There's literally no date in Norse Mythology, it was just a series of events occurring at non specific times which lead to the death of the Midgard and the gods themselves.
    I expect you to apologize for not seeing that (thanks) Obama isn't literally Jörmungandr.
    Creeperbane2oni_dels
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario
    I know that most politicians are silver tongued devils but I wouldn't go so far as to say Obama can spit poison, or bite his own feet though that in itself would be an incredible athletic feat.
    MiracleManSCreeperbane2oni_dels
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN
    edited February 2014
    From Norse tomfoolery to politics in 9.2, gerd gerb guys, gerd jerb
  • RequitRequit That one guy Somewhere over there, I don't know
    edited February 2014
    I wonder if a few generations ago, there were this many "end of the world" proclamations.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf-
    I wonder if a few generations ago, there were this many "end of the world" proclamations.
    There were more. The previous turn of the century was also the age of the commune, when there were a lot of people trying to find a community for themselves, and joining weird groups that today we would likely call cults. May of them had world-ending mythologies which just happened to be about to happen just a few years after the discovery of the prophesy.

Also, most religions through world history have some kind of world-ending story, and every generation always has at least a few people who see evidence that they are the generation who will experience it.
    Creeperbane2oni_delsMiracleManS
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec.
    my religion is the internet. Y2K was our predicted ragnarok, see how it ended?
    Creeperbane2