NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2014

oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French CanadianMontréal, Québec.
edited April 2014 in The Pub

Talk about it here.
As of writting this, 4-4 OT Habs vs Lightning. So much stress.

Comments

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI

Pens beat Blue Jackets 4-3 tonight. Anaheim already up 1-0 over the Stars. Best game so far is the Habs vs Lightnings.

oni_dels
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri

Playoffs?!?

BobbyDigi
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec.

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES! 5-4 HABS!

Anaheim up 2-0. Great win by the Habs. What a hard fought victory that was.

oni_dels
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff
    edited April 2014

The Islanders will win the Cup this year, sweeping the Oilers. Billy Smith will win the Conn Smythe. Mark my words. #TBT

oni_dels
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA

Philly is up tonight! Thats what I am looking forward too

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin

yay penguins!

Detroit Red Wings takes game 1 over Boston!!

oni_delsardichoke
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL

Go Bluejackets?

MiracleManS
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London?

Hawks are still in it.

habs are on friggin fire. 25th cups, here we come. (well ok, let's start by winning tonight...)

• @Church4252 said:

Detroit Red Wings takes game 1 over Boston!!

I never get tired of watching this. Datsyuk is a bloody magician on the ice. Go Wings, lets show Bahstahn that the President's Trophy doesn't mean jack once the playoffs start.

Habs win, get ready detroit/boston

Flipping Wings losing 3-0. Boston looked like they were playing against college kids out there...

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast

Ugg, the Kings are in horrible shape after dropping tonights game. 0-3 hole against San Jose is brutal.

• @Church4252 said:
    Flipping Wings losing 3-0. Boston looked like they were playing against college kids out there...

Probably because they practically are. Isn't a large portion of Wings lineup still call-ups from the Grand Rapids Griffins, thanks to all the injuries? I love mah Wings, but they need some of the old and more injury prone players to retire already.

oni_dels

@ardichoke said:
    Probably because they practically are. Isn't a large portion of Wings lineup still call-ups from the Grand Rapids Griffins, thanks to all the injuries? I love mah Wings, but they need some of the old and more injury prone players to retire already.

Yes, nearly half of the lineup are still the Griffins but with their playoffs experience there they could play a bit better than what they are doing now. And can we PLEASE get rid of Brendan Smith. He is god awful.

GO KINGS GO! Kopitar for the Selke!

• @Church4252 said:
    Yes, nearly half of the lineup are still the Griffins but with their playoffs experience there they could play a bit better than what they are doing now. And can we PLEASE get rid of Brendan Smith. He is god awful.

There's a few people that need to go now that the Wings are on the golf course for the summer. Bertuzzi is at the top of my list. He's old, he's slow, he takes bad penalties, he's overdue for retirement.

@ardichoke said:
    There's a few people that need to go now that the Wings are on the golf course for the summer. Bertuzzi is at the top of my list. He's old, he's slow, he takes bad penalties, he's overdue for retirement.

Bertuzzi, Franzen, and a couple of others. We already see that the young guns are the future.

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA

Blackhawks.... :D

Marshmellow

well at least the pens advanced...

wish my heart hadn't exploded in the late 3rd period though...

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA

@shwaip said:
    well at least the pens advanced...

wish my heart hadn't exploded in the late 3rd period though...

I think you guys are going to have a hard time. Your defense is almost as suspect as the Caps...and that's sad.

i think the bigger problem is that the team isn't designed for the playoffs.

other teams hit more, grab more, do more of the "grinding" that's typically done.

the pens "next level" is more chippy slashes/things like that, but those get called, whereas questionable interference, later hits, etc don't.

This isn't a "refs you suck" whine, this is just something that I've noticed about penguins playoffs the past few years.

GO KINGS GO! Forced a game 7 after coming back from an 0-3 hole. YUS! PLAYOFF HOCKEY!

oni_dels

• @Church4252 said:
    Bertuzzi, Franzen, and a couple of others. We already see that the young guns are the future.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2014304290145

Bertuzzi, Legwand, Samuelsson and Cleary won't be on the ice for the winged wheel next season. Good riddance.

@ardichoke said:
    Bertuzzi, Legwand, Samuelsson and Cleary won't be on the ice for the winged wheel next season. Good riddance.

Good! About time to let go of the old players. Except for Hank and Pavel.

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff

I hate the Rangers.

Hot damn, the Kings pulled it off. Next up: Anaheim.

This serious should be ugly as the two teams are only about 30 miles apart and always play each other really tough. Can't wait.

GO KINGS GO!