Star Wars Episode VII discussion

Comments

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast

So I get to go after all, busted my ass all last week filling in for people who got fired/quit and earned the day off to see the movie. And it is going to be extremely busy at work tonight, with a rookie crew, the other managers (the KM was the one who gave me today off) are pissed that I won't be there to direct things.

BobbyDigi_kGargRahnalH102
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI

It was perfect. I loved it. Star Wars is BACK

AlexDeGruvenGnomeQueenBobbyDigiUPSLynx
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan

Eps 8 and 9 plus the standalone movies can't get here fast enough.

SEE THIS MOVIE. NOW.

Thank me (us) later.

I may have cried a bit.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA

I saw it in real IMAX. Holy cow!

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico

My local theater couldn't get it so I'm gonna have to wait a bit to see it. Looks like I'll need to exile myself from social media for that time.

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA

Yeah. Was good.

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario

Children behind me were talking all throughout the film, otherwise was good.

• I see Star Wars tomorrow at 10:30 in the morning. I'm like a little kid waiting for christmas.

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI

just finished my second run

primesuspect
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX

Force Awakens is on track for a $250 Million opening weekend. I plan to help it along again on Sunday.

-Digi

ChoochprimesuspectUPSLynx

Sometimes as a Star Wars Dad:

After months of excitement I took my kids to see Star Wars. A few minutes into the film my son got motion sickness. This is where we've been for most of the movie. Sometimes being a dad is rough.

Source

-Digi

primesuspectHero

Saw my second run last night. Will see again.

• I'm seeing it this evening with my brother in law at the Brew 'n View theater nearby. 6:50 PM can't come soon enough. Stupid workday!

BobbyDigi
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI

Going for a second time with my mom and soon-to-be mother in law Monday after Christmas. Who knows, maybe it'll be fine...

primesuspectBobbyDigi

I am going again on the 28th to take my girlfriend. Taking her out to a very nice dinner and then the movie as a thank you for getting me the opening night tickets. She was originally supposed to go with me, but then was offered a month long gig working a movie in North Georgia and only got home yesterday.

primesuspectRahnalH102

It is so freaking awesome to be a Star Wars fan again. It was such a gigantic part of my childhood and coming back to this fandom is a really indescribable feeling. It really cements how badly disappointed I was by the prequels. They ruined the franchise for me and now it's back. Feels good, man.

• @primesuspect said:
    My third viewing was with my dad. I took him as part of his Christmas gift.

He took me to see my first-ever movie in a theater, which happened to be Empire Strikes Back :)

Thanks for setting the bar so high Dad!

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf-

Going to see a Wednesday matinee with my mom.

@primesuspect said:
    It is so freaking awesome to be a Star Wars fan again. It was such a gigantic part of my childhood and coming back to this fandom is a really indescribable feeling. It really cements how badly disappointed I was by the prequels. They ruined the franchise for me and now it's back. Feels good, man.

It's weird. I have always been on the other side of the fence and defended the 2nd trilogy. After seeing VII, I realize it has got me excited about Star Wars unlike I-III ever did. VII has made me question my past defense. The thought crosses my mind, "I-III could have been as good as VII", and that makes me think we missed out. Either way, super happy with VII. Looking forward to looking forward to more Star Wars for the next (at least) 4 years.

-Digi

primesuspect
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA

@BobbyDigi said:

Hot dad is hot. Just sayin'.

@Annes said:

Hot dad is hot. Just sayin'.

Truth.

On the subject of motion sickness. Cheryl had a bit of vertigo during some scenes. I wonder how widespread that is as viewing screens grow larger.

-Digi

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC

Am I the only one who thought it was overly self-referential to the rest of the series? That's what bugged me the most about it. It's like J.J. Abrams was all "LOL garbage chute mirite wink" at the end of every other scene.

• There's a spoiler thread if you want to get more in depth into that kind of talk. :)

BuddyJ
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan

I think I'm going to use these as my prequel source material from now on:

ardichoke

This is Daisy Ridley's reaction to seeing the trailer for The Force Awakens for the first time.
    <3 <3 <3 #waifu4laifu

BobbyDigi
  • Alright, I guess it's good enough that I need to go see it in the theater. Guna go to the nice theater this weekend, spring for the cushy reclining seats with seat side food and drink service and have a cocktail or two and some food while I watch it. This better not all be some elaborate troll.

BobbyDigiHero
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA

@ardichoke said:
    Alright, I guess it's good enough that I need to go see it in the theater. Guna go to the nice theater this weekend, spring for the cushy reclining seats with seat side food and drink service and have a cocktail or two and some food while I watch it. This better not all be some elaborate troll.

This is a desired viewing condition, if you can't get real IMAXified.