HOCKEY!!!!! (@Blackhawk GTFO)

KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired)By the thing near the stuff

It's fall, and that means hockey season is once again upon us. My Islanders are playing their final season in the Nassau Mausoleum, heading to Brooklyn starting in 2015. So far, they're off to a great start, but 2 games does not a season make.

Predictions for this season? Kings repeat? 'Hawks take it? Maybe this is the year the Pens return to glory. I love my Isles, but I know they're not Cup-bound this season. They still need a few more to grow and gel. I'll take a playoff appearance this season as a push in the right direction.

Comments

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA

I just want the Caps to do better possession wise. They've got the pieces to be good. Holtby should post one of his best seasons yet. I see Ovi with 35+ goals. I predict we make the playoffs, but cup contender I don't see yet.

Ignore +/-, it's a terrible stat. Possession (Corsi/Fenwick, they have their positives and negatives) is the key to being a consistent team. I'm really interested in how "Fancy Stats" are going to impact hockey decision making. I'm working on a project to bring fancy stats to the masses, so that should be fun.

JBoogaloo
  • My prediction for hockey this season remains the same as the last few.

Wings make the playoffs by the skin of their teeth, following a late season rally. Once in the playoffs, they underperform (especially at least one of their elder players who should have retired at least 2 years ago) and make an early exit.

I drink.

primesuspect
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin

@MiracleManS said:
    I just want the Caps to do better possession wise. They've got the pieces to be good. Holtby should post one of his best seasons yet. I see Ovi with 35+ goals. I predict we make the playoffs, but cup contender I don't see yet.

Ignore +/-, it's a terrible stat. Possession (Corsi/Fenwick, they have their positives and negatives) is the key to being a consistent team. I'm really interested in how "Fancy Stats" are going to impact hockey decision making. I'm working on a project to bring fancy stats to the masses, so that should be fun.

now you've got orpik too!

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA

@shwaip said:
    now you've got orpik too!

Honestly? I've been shocked by how he's been playing. So far I'm happy. Still think it's too big a contract but I'll take it if he plays 2-3 years like this.

JBoogaloo
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth

trooster89
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA

@MiracleManS said:
    Honestly? I've been shocked by how he's been playing. So far I'm happy. Still think it's too big a contract but I'll take it if he plays 2-3 years like this.

This, totally. I have the same hope for the Caps. You should come down and we can hit a game together!

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI

@GnomeQueen said:

primesuspectardichoke
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff

Isles and Ranjerks knotted at 2, after 2.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI

You mean ice hockey?