Let's Talk Cars

12346»

Comments

• aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN

This is me with the "Milk Men of the 500". They are the ones who give/gave the winner of the 500 the bottle of milk. The first pic is the current milkman and the second is the former.

edited February 2015

And finally, this is me with Johnny Parsons, the son of the late Johnnie Parsons who won the 1950 Indianapolis 500 and ran a few himself.

edited February 2015

@UPSLynx I also had the pleasure of having a quick chat with Ed Carpenter over at the Emmis Communications building. There's a cool "six degrees" story about me and him. When I was in high school, there was this one teacher who taught in the same small school I attended. Well, after a few months, I got to know her and it turned out that she was Ed's sister-in-law. So when I saw Ed, I asked how his sister-in-law was and he said she was fine.

I also wish to say that this is why I prefer racing over other sports...

UPSLynxvaderisahottie
  • .. wow.

Those who have raced before will know it's scary and immense enough going 2 wide wheel to wheel through a fast corner and who lucky enough to have successfully experienced 3 wide (I havent) will tell you it's a moment you will remember for a long time. I can't even fathom what these guys were feeling going through that last corner and down the last straight.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA

Nice! Scott Dixon is great.

@Jammin1911 said:
    .. wow.

Those who have raced before will know it's scary and immense enough going 2 wide wheel to wheel through a fast corner and who lucky enough to have successfully experienced 3 wide (I havent) will tell you it's a moment you will remember for a long time. I can't even fathom what these guys were feeling going through that last corner and down the last straight.

If you can't imagine what the drivers were thinking, then imagine what the owners were thinking. :shock:

As I was going to say earlier, the Super Bowl is over, let the REAL sport begin.

• yaaaaaaaa im so stoked.

Just wanted to share a couple of awesome last laps (I already showed you guys the one above.)

This one is the finish to the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Watkins Glen. I want to point out that Kyle Busch (#18) was in some oil when Brad Keselowski (#2) accidentally got into him, setting up a last lap shootout between Brad and Marcos Ambrose (#9). Go to 3:00 to see the last lap.

This one is from the 2010 V8 Supercar race at Gold Coast, featuring a battle between Jaime Whicup and Shane van Ginsbergen. I suggest watching the whole vid because there is no shortage of excitement.

• HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero

i found out today that my dream of one day having a super garage/mancave now seems much more attainable...
    one of the things i would really like to have is a car lift, for storage and for wrenching. i used to think it would cost me $10,000-15,000, but i found out that you can get them for so much less.

• I'll replay this race every now again, an old ALMS GT2 battle at Laguna Seca, RSR vs. C6R. They fight for 5 laps and just wait till the end. Wow....