Sekrit Santa Gifts!

RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
edited December 2014 in The Pub
This discussion was created from comments split from: ICSS14 - Icrontic Secret Santas 2014.
Cliff_Forster

Comments

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

w00t!! I had to go to Amazon.ca since Steam frowns on gifting games to people in other countries. Plus the US Dollar isn't worth as much as CAD so it made it cheaper. :-) It's a fun game.

MrTRiotCliff_Forster
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited December 2014

My gift arrived on Tuesday, I have been busy and didn't get around to posting a picture.
    Thanks to @GnomeWizardd‌ for the great stuff!!

WinfreyGnomeWizarddCliff_Forster
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

So it begins:

primesuspectCliff_Forster
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian

@Ryder said:
    My gift arrived on Tuesday, I have been busy and didn't get around to posting a picture.
    Thanks to GnomeWizardd‌ for the great stuff!!

Yumm Hoppy Trails, Hope you enjoy

Cliff_Forster
  • This about sums it up. Gift on the way!

MrTRiotmidga
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

I think these things are from my IC Sekrit Santa! (If not, I'm not sure why they appeared on my porch!)

Thanks Santa! This TtR! expansion looks really neat, and the little reference book will be useful while writing. ("What was the hardness rating of galaxite again?" flips through tiny reference book "aHa!")

midgaRequitCliff_Forster
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@MrTRiot‌ threw me a scary Canadian horror game and a prank USB key. I'm so scared I haven't opened it [the game] yet, though it is installed ;) Thanks!

MrTRiotCliff_Forster
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian

@CrazyJoe said:
    ... Steam frowns on gifting games to people in other countries...

Why is that?

Also, you open gifts before Christmas?

@Jokke said:
    Why is that?

>

Also, you open gifts before Christmas?

It's to prevent people buying games in countries where they are cheaper (mainly Russia) and selling them.

• maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian
    edited December 2014

I got the BEST sekrit santa gift y'all. Was absolutely spoiled by @Cliff_Forster‌. Took a million photos of the unveiling on my phone....which was promptly destroyed in a dog-related incident. I promise real photos as soon as I can recreate/rescue them, but in the meantime....Thank You Cliff...your gift was amazing!!!!, and I wanted to make sure you got a huge thank you despite my (and Halllie-dog's) clumsiness.

RyderCliff_Forster
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited December 2014

I'm glad you enjoyed it @‌Malia - Steep and sip.

I got mine from @CB and @BetsyD today. Beautifully wrapped, I'll get the pictures up tomorrow. There was an internal debate at home about if we should open today or wait until the 25th. My daughter enjoyed opening today! She could not contain it. We look forward to playing the card game together tomorrow.

• JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Just got mine last night before I was heading out. @Ryder‌, thank you so much!!! :D I'll get pics today before I head down to the beach and help my brother move. Thank you!!

Cliff_Forster
  • Lovely wrapping job. My better etiquette says I should wait until the 25th, but my child says, Let me open now!!! So.....

PirateNinja
  • As much as I enjoy an occasional episode of Dr. Who, Dr. Sam Beckett will always be my favorite TV time traveler. I have always meant to get around to starting a Quantum Leap DVD collection. Thanks @CB

CB

I got a really awesome Ninja Hoodie from ThinkGeek from @malia‌. Thanks!! I will now be much stealthier!

Cliff_ForstermaliaGnomeQueen
  • maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian
    edited December 2014

@CrazyJoe said:
    I got a really awesome Ninja Hoodie from ThinkGeek from malia‌. Thanks!! I will now be much stealthier!

Glad you like it! There will be one more gift coming....it was delayed because my work got hella busy and I failed to ship it on time. Hopefully you'll like it anyway :)

Cliff_Forster
  • HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

@Requit said:

So. The mug is cool, and the matching cups are pretty swanky. But these patches... They're probably the coolest thing I've ever gotten. I spent a ton of years in the BSA program, and like any eagle scout, I have a very soft spot in my heart for patches.

Thank you, (not so secret) Santa!

let me just say, that looks freakin awesome!

Cliff_Forster
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited December 2014

It's always hit-and-miss with patch collecting but as an Eagle scout myself I'm inclined to give them out an every opportunity :D. Also, that's the heat-terraforming Mars mug which is probably not dishwasher safe. I only ever hand wash.

RequitCliff_Forster

@malia said:
    Glad you like it! There will be one more gift coming....it was delayed because my work got hella busy and I failed to ship it on time. Hopefully you'll like it anyway :)

Is it cookies? Please say it's cookies.

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

Thanks Betsy! The book is hilarious and Reese's trees are my favorite cand..... FUEL!

BetsyDUPSLynxCliff_ForsterRyanFodder
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

I love this. "Here's a bunch of candy now you have to run it all off"

Cliff_ForsterRyanFodder
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited December 2014

@UPSLynx said:
    A Jackimakura.

:horrified:

UPSLynxGnomeQueenChoochPirateNinja
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

@PirateNinja That is amazing.

Tracking says my Sekrit Santa's gift is on a doorstep.

...Just realized I had mine shipped to work so won't get it until Monday.

-Digi

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

@UPSLynx said:
    Now Jackie can be with me even when we're 500 million miles apart :D

To highlight how significant this is, it's worth noting that the radius of Earth's orbit around the sun is only 93 million miles!

UPSLynxGnomeQueenprimesuspectmidga