So does anyone here Vape?

trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia

Any vapers here on Icrontic?

This is my current daily grab and go, KangerTech IPOW2 1600mA & Kayfun Mini 2.1.

Comments

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario

What's a vape? I gather from the name that it relies on vapour, but what's the purpose of that? Is there some health benefit versus a ciggy or something or is it just an aesthetic thing?

In any case I use a pipe, all the joys of tobacco without the lung cancer (Though there's still the mouth and throat thing)

malia
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN

@Ilriyas said:
    What's a vape? I gather from the name that it relies on vapour, but what's the purpose of that? Is there some health benefit versus a ciggy or something or is it just an aesthetic thing?

In any case I use a pipe, all the joys of tobacco without the lung cancer (Though there's still the mouth and throat thing)

Wait, I thought all tobacco reacted the same to the human body, or do you buy natural (aka not the crap big tobacco pushes out for smoking)

Also a vape is essentially an E-cig except I think that you can get different flavors of refills for the vape solution.

• GuppyGuppy Warren, MI

I've got an iTaste MVP 2 with a Nautilus Mini, and an iTaste SVD with an iClear 30.

The adjustable airflow is in the Nautilus is great.

• georgehgeorgeh Canton, MI

I don't vape e-cigs but I'm still looking for a counter-example to my hypothesis: "all e-cigarettes look like either a light saber or a sonic screwdriver"

• GuppyGuppy Warren, MI

I don't think this looks like either.

georgehCreeperbane2trollRahnalH102
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario

It's not necessarily the tobacco you use (Though with most pipe blends you won't find the crap that's in cigarettes) but how you smoke, with a pipe or a cigar you're not supposed to inhale the smoke just hold it around in your mouth.

Somewhat healthier in my opinion but then you're still smoking so eh.

Creeperbane2
  • trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia

@Guppy said:
    I've got an iTaste MVP 2 with a Nautilus Mini, and an iTaste SVD with an iClear 30.

The adjustable airflow is in the Nautilus is great.

Nice!

I have my Nautilus Mini on the Eleaf iStick, it is a great little box mod that I use with my Kayfun 3.1ES and the KangerTech GeniTank Mega.

A buddy brought his VTR down for a tank full of Smurf Tears...

The GeniTank is a great tank as well.

For a tank system though you can't beat the flavour you get from a Kayfun setup, it is night and day over the Aspire Nautilus IMHO.

@Ilriyas said:

Vaping is less toxic than smoking cigarettes. I haven't had a cigarette in 4 Months and am now only using juice that contains 0mG of Nicotine.

Some good info here...

• Don't trust everything you read on the internet (especially from some janky website that is clearly biased and is run by an unknown entity using domain registration privacy to obscure who they are). The jury is still very much out on the safety of vaping/ecigs. They simply have not been around long enough for there to be sufficient data to say conclusively that they are or are not safer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safety_of_electronic_cigarettes

Guppyphotodude
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US

1 year plus on vaping here. I don't claim that they are healthier, but I sure do feel a lot better. No more coughing, chest tightness in the morning, plaque build up on my teeth and I can smell 200% better than I did when I was smoking. I currently have an iClear30 on Apollo Valiant batteries. I vape RY4 from Apollo exclusively. It's one of the few fluids that I like the taste of and won't burn up a head in 2 or 3 days.

trollPirateNinja
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH

The pic with the coffee cup, I was hoping that you modded the cup to be the vap, so you can look like you are drinking coffee with coffee flavored... gel?

troll

@ardichoke said:
    Don't trust everything you read on the internet (especially from some janky website that is clearly biased and is run by an unknown entity using domain registration privacy to obscure who they are). The jury is still very much out on the safety of vaping/ecigs. They simply have not been around long enough for there to be sufficient data to say conclusively that they are or are not safer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safety_of_electronic_cigarettes

Also don't trust anything that Big Pharma has had a hand in publishing as well. There is a serious threat to their $100B+ income from the sale drugs for smoking related illness. The $5B+ revenue from the sale of NRT's (Nicotine Replacement Therapy products) will also take a hit, but that is small change in comparison. So there is a really big player involved concerning the regulation of E-Cigarettes and it is not the FDA or Government.

I take it you have never smoked or currently vape...

Here is a switch from all the bad propaganda videos.

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1

I tried to get Carla to vape when she was heavily smoking but she couldn't get past the part where it wasn't an actual cigarette. I guess the way it's in your hands and the weight. How'd you guys do it?

She quit smoking a few months back but I'd still like to know.

@BlackHawk said:
    I tried to get Carla to vape when she was heavily smoking but she couldn't get past the part where it wasn't an actual cigarette. I guess the way it's in your hands and the weight. How'd you guys do it?

She quit smoking a few months back but I'd still like to know.

I wanted rid of cigarettes, so vaping was an alternative choice I was very interested in, you just have to accept that the device is not a cigarette but a similar experience. It's probably a lot easier for guys to do this. A well machined, solid chunk of 316 Stainless Steel and a tank full of Sweet Honey Tobacco is seriously a fine thing!

• Ahh yes... the ubiqutous "Don't trust big pharma" argument. How about "don't trust big tobacco" since they have a hand in making many major vaping products? How much money do vaping companies have to make before they become "Big Vape" and can be used in straw-man arguments?

I'm not saying vaping is as bad as smoking, I'm not saying it's better than smoking, I'm just saying there isn't enough data out there yet to say conclusively either way. You'd still be better off not smoking OR vaping. Even if it isn't as bad as smoking, it's still unlikely to be good for you.

• In all seriousness. I find traditional cigarette smoking repulsive. As in like, don't you dare smoke around me. That said, vape is a godsend for non smokers. I don't smell it, as far as I know it does not pollute the air I'm attempting to inhale, so I'm cool with that. I have no personal interest other than the irradiation of a vile habit in other people that want to do it around me. It's gross. I come from a long line of smokers, my Grandpa, Mom and Dad, Brother, somehow I never got into it. Coffee and snack cake addiction I guess?

Maryland is interesting because we banned it in public places so long ago, I've gotten used to living life without breathing others smoke. E Cig's have caught on pretty well here. I see it as a growing trend. Taking a trip to New Orleans a few months ago and seeing people smoke in public places made it a little difficult to enjoy some of what the city had to offer. It's disgusting, I hate it, It smells like death and if Vape is going to eliminate that foul stench then I'm all for it.

If I'm not being clear, I hate traditional cigarettes and would be pleased to never, ever smell one again.

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga

I love when my tobacco tastes like Nerds.

• @primesuspect said:
    Come on man, don't thread crap. This is a discussion for people who partake in a hobby. If you don't enjoy the hobby, just don't participate in the thread.

Sorry, I was just pointing out the rampant misinformation about the safety of vaping in the interest of people not thinking that it is somehow proven to actually be safe. Mea culpa for not wanting people to be mislead when it comes to their health. I'll show myself out.

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga

@ardichoke said:
    Sorry, I was just pointing out the rampant misinformation about the safety of vaping in the interest of people not thinking that it is somehow proven to actually be safe. Mea culpa for not wanting people to be mislead when it comes to their health. I'll show myself out.

But what if I were to inject it via shared needles?

GnomeQueenBasilUPSKingpin
  • GuppyGuppy Warren, MI
    edited July 2015

I've bought a few things since the last time I posted here and wanted to share.

I just got a Freakshow Mini RDA from Wotofo. It's decent for the price($25), but I haven't had great results with it yet. I've only spent a few hours with it, so it might just be a matter of playing around until I get it where I want it.

The Mutation X v4 is great. It's a bit more expensive at $45, but worth it. Great flavor, good vapor production, adjustable airflow(bottom and side). This is my favorite RDA I have right now. Currently running a dual coil build at 0.35 ohms at 30W.

The Maganus tank from Vapeston(a rebranded Freemax Starre) is fantastic! It comes with a 0.5 ohm coil, but you can get 0.2 ohm coils for it. The flavor and vapor production are excellent. I highly recommend this if you're looking for a sub-ohm tank.

I'm running all of these on an IPV4.

Currently vaping: Just Jiffy(Class-E Drops)

troll

Nice attys there Guppy!

I too, have picked up a few toys on the journey and the Nautilus and Genitank are long gone. I run all rebuildable now and there is not a coilhead to be seen anywhere. :)

RTA:
    The Rose V2 - I have two of these. Totally amazing flavor, but a bit of a PiTA to build.
    Flash e-Vapor V3 (Glass Tank) - Looks like an air fitting but one of the easiest RTA's to build, fill and maintain.
    Flash e-Vapor VS - The mini version of the V3 and just like it's big brother provides excellent flavor.
    The Big German - Hotcig Big Tank version. It holds 10ml's of pure vaping pleasure, this thing is massive.
    Kayfun V4 - Over engineered, provides a great vape.
    Kayfun 3.1, 2.1 and Lite Plus (Undead Version) - Classic attys with very good flavor.
    Silverplay V1 - Typical Orchid build deck that has massive airflow and juice channels for moving vapor.

Genesis:
    Origen Genesis V2 - This is one of the best gennys available for flavor. Stainless Steel Mesh and Ekowool build.
    Nextgen - A leak proof genny that you can actually put on it's side or turn upside down. Great flavor, hard to build.
    Kraken - Excellent flavor and relatively easy to build.
    Satburn 22 - Unique, novel little genny that performs quite well.

RDA:
    Origen Dripper V2 - Excellent flavor, one of the best available. Followed by the Marquis, Veritas and Magma.
    Mutation X V3 - VaporDNA version, all clouds and little flavor no matter what build you put on it.
    CCI Militia - Patriot clone that has better flavor than the Mutation and makes great clouds.

Running these on a IPV2S, Sigelei Mini 30W, KBox and iStick 20W

My daily drivers FeV & KF4

Sonorous
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US

Picked up the Subox Mini from Kangertech a few weeks ago. It's amazing compared to my iClear30. The mini RBA works well and overall this thing makes some decent vapor for it's size. I've had to switch juice from my Apollo stuff. Apollo uses a 60PG/40VG mix for most of their stuff. That PG is not good for direct lung inhales. I have tried just a few juices since my switch to the sub-ohm world, and so far, High Voltage Tesla is my favorite. It's similar in flavor to some sort of sour blue fruit roll up.

We should start posting juice mini reviews so we have some sort of database of juice that's good and stuff to avoid.

troll

Nice Sonorous!

Lots of people love their Subox mini, great setup.

Juice reviews are so subjective. Mount Baker, ITC and Dr. Crimmy's are quite popular and reasonable for good juice.

It's a whole different game here in Canada, we have a hard time getting any juice with nicotine in it across the border, some slip through and others are confiscated by CBSA. :angry:

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN

With college kickin up again next month, I'm thinkin of tryin vape because I hear from people who do it how good a stress reliever it is, anyone have a recommendation on a cheap base model for someone who just wants to test the waters?

• GuppyGuppy Warren, MI

Anyone here use Zamplebox?

It's a subscription service where you get different juice sent to you every month. I got mine last week, and, out of six, there were three I really liked, one that was okay, and two I didn't like at all.

Seduce Juice: Prefered Stock Capital
    It's supposed to be oatmeal cookies with cinnamon. The hint of cinnamon is decent, but the oatmeal is awful with an almost chemical taste to it.
    2/10

Seduce Juice: Envy
    My absolute favorite from the box. A lot of papaya upfront with some boysenberry, and a kind of floral aftertaste. Very sweet, very clean. I will definitely order more of this once I'm finished with this bottle.
    10/10

13th Floor Elevapors: Cumulus

An irresistible blend of summer peaches & honeyed pecans wrapped in creamy vanilla with scone dough crust.

Too much going on at once. Honeyed pecans up front, followed by the vanilla and crust. I don't taste the peach at all. The flavors are unbalanced. It's not bad, but I won't be getting any more after I finish what I've got.
    6/10

Eve E-liquids: Jean Cloud Van Damme
    I'm vaping this while typing. Juicy, sweet pear goodness. Great all-day vape.
    9/10

Hangar Vape: Bus Pass
    It's a vanilla mocha flavor that tastes like cream with a hint of vanilla and stale coffee.
    4/10

Hangar Vape: All In
    A fruit punch flavor that just barely misses its mark. I still enjoy it, and would recommend it.
    7/10

I'm going to let a couple of these steep a bit longer and will update if anyhing changes.

SonorousBobbyDigitroll
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast

Eureka Vapor: OG Kush (Indica) 100% Natural Oil "The Way Medicine Should Be"

The only way to properly vape. Takes you from nic fit to Stephen Hawking in less than two drags.