Political discussions

aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politicoIndianapolis, IN Icrontian

Hey guys,

As @Creeperbane2 can tell you, I am heavily involved in politics (specifically state politics). While I lean more conservative, I always like to hear what other people, especially those on the other side of the aisle, have to say about issues. So this is what this thread is about. Any issue is fair game. The only thing I ask is that all discussions not turn into "shouting matches". So, let's talk.

aspieRommel

Canti

Comments

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Icrontic is notoriously bad at this. In before thread closure :)

Creeperbane2
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

Like in a real pub, never discuss religion or politics.

Creeperbane2
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I'm going to add a comment with moderator powers that @primesuspect‌ amended the "don't discuss politics" rule in lieu of a greater "don't be a dick" policy. We can still close threads that are getting out of control, but the close hammer doesn't need to fall so swiftly any longer, @Kwitko‌ :biggrin:

Creeperbane2
  • @Tushon said:
    I'm going to add a comment with moderator powers that primesuspect‌ amended the "don't discuss politics" rule in lieu of a greater "don't be a dick" policy. We can still close threads that are getting out of control, but the close hammer doesn't need to fall so swiftly any longer, Kwitko‌ :biggrin:

Also using super mod powers (WHY DO I EVEN HAVE THESE?!). That was said in the context of a conversation that had political overtones but was not specifically about politics, to be fair.

Creeperbane2
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

This community has never had any good come of specific politics discussion. We're a gaming and tech community. The rules have relaxed in that if politics discussions come up organically and everybody is behaving, I'll let it go, but we do not need a dedicated politics thread.

Creeperbane2JBoogaloocola
This discussion has been closed.