NHRA racing LA area......anyone interested?

Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy KnobPflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian

I will be in South El Monte working next week. The Winter Nationals in Pomona are the weekend after with the final eliminations on Sunday the 8th. I was wondering if anyone in the area would be interested in going on that Sunday. Cost is about $50 for admission and I would be amicable to paying for someone that would drive to the event.

Comments

• aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

I know this may be unrelated, but will you be making a stop for the US Nationals at LOR. If so, I may be able to make that event.

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian

@aspieRommel said:
    I know this may be unrelated, but will you be making a stop for the US Nationals at LOR. If so, I may be able to make that event.

Last year I went for the whole 6 days. This year it is too early to say.

• aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

Okay. Just wondered.

I can't believe I can't get any takers on this. It isn't that I need a ride but more like how do you hook up with anyone in a madhouse of tens of thousands of people. I felt it easier to solicit a ride and pay for a ticket in return. I am working long hours all week as well as likely 1/2 a day Saturday so the races were my best chance to visit in the area. These events are a lot more awesome in person than on TV as you can't imagine the noise and can't feel it rip through your body when the cars launch. I love the smell of nitro and mixed with burnt rubber is even better.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Not sure we have any active Icrontians who are into racing in the LA area anymore. Many of them have moved

Alls well that ends well. My trip was just canceled as of today. It looks like I may need to make a bigger decision. Like, do I want to move to accept an advancement or decline and possibly end up having to find a new job.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

For what its worth at this point, I would have loved to go with you. NHRA drags with an old school Icrontian! Would have been awesome. Alas I did not speak up as there are already family plans that weekend.

Rock on @Mt_Goat !

-Digi

Mt_Goat
    edited February 2015

@BobbyDigi said:
    For what its worth at this point, I would have loved to go with you. NHRA drags with an old school Icrontian! Would have been awesome. Alas I did not speak up as there are already family plans that weekend.

Rock on Mt_Goat !

-Digi

There are 2 events in Pomona every year. It all begins and ends in Pomona and there will be the finals in November. I will let you know when it gets closer as I generally get to at least one of them every year. Thanks for speaking up. I like meeting Icrontians everywhere.

As for the rest of you. There is still Norwalk, Ohio, Chicago and Indy closer to the IC homeland.

BobbyDigi
  • HeroHero formerly known as XGPHero Icrontian

when im in california, im always down to go to a race, car meet/cruise, or even just wrench on some stuff. alas, i am not in california right now. next time?