If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

happy Canada day 2015!

oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French CanadianMontréal, Québec. Icrontian
edited July 2015 in The Pub

Happy Canada day fellow Canadian-Icrontians.

to all Detroiter and non-Canadian Icrontian, today please put real mapple sirup on your pancakes/waffles. eat poutine. grab a Unibroue (or at least a molson). translate in french at least 3 of your sentence (it can be very short one. talk about that nain rouge i know nothing about. that sounds french). talk about and/or play hockey. watch Epic Meal Time (that's fucking canadian).

but mostly, post a mapple leaf! (not the hockey team)

Ilriyasprimesuspect

Comments

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

Ribfest is on in Toronto today, absolutely best way to celebrate Canada Day is ribs and beer imo.

oni_dels
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    edited July 2015

I'm currently breathing maple leaves. Does that count? I miss the sun. However, I have to swing by the beer store tonight to get some more CO2, what Canadian ales do you reccommend?

Ilriyas
  • MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian
    edited July 2015
  • LadyChickenLadyChicken Chicken Tender Marshall, Michigan Icrontian

Drink Labbatt Blue. Drink Molson Canadian. Drink Sleeman. Drink Unibroue. Drink Steam Whistle. Come to Windsor and drink Walkerville/Craft Heads/BREW. Eat poutine. Take a maple syrup bath. Smell maple syrup money. Play street hockey. Play lacrosse. Eat pea soup. Eat Nanaimo bars. Eat butter tarts. Eat ketchup chips. Eat all dressed chips.

Bonne fête Canada.

oni_dels
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian

Eat Kraft Easy Mac Kraft Dinner with ketchup.

LadyChickenoni_delsIlriyas
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

CANADA EST WUNDERBAR!

LadyChickenoni_dels
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian

@Signal said:
    what Canadian ales do you reccommend?

unibroue? or Dieu du ciel. for more comercial beer, Moosehead (although it's a lager, not an ale), is probably the most canadian beer.

@Signal said:
    what Canadian ales do you reccommend?

Keith's IPA (they also do some single hop style ales that are pretty decent), Muskoka Mad Tom/Twice as Mad Tom/Detour, Boneshaker Cruiser All Day IPA

All available at the LCBO, not always available at the beer store

oni_dels
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian

@Mercantile519 said:
    Keith's IPA

"Ipa". Because that's clearly a regular ale, with like 25ibu. Go for keith's red or their special hop series for more flavorful beers

• Happy birthday Canada :) I married in to a partially Canadian family, and they are way too nice. I also love all my IC Canadian friends. Cheers. Having a nice Unibroue in your honor.

Ilriyas

@oni_dels said:
    "Ipa". Because that's clearly a regular ale, with like 25ibu. Go for keith's red or their special hop series for more flavorful beers

it fits the standards of IPA (minimum IBU) even though it tastes like a regular pale ale. twenty years ago it was considered a hoppy beer. but the way that beer has gone since then makes it a very bland beer, relatively speaking. their single hop series is decent. cascade and saphir are the only ones that really capture the hop's character, in my opinion. hallertauer seems fake, and it's just boring, and galaxy is just sort of... off? it's not terrible, but it seems forced. and celia needs to gtfo. that shit is awful. dark horse single hop series is infinitely better, and that's why i have a 12 pack of that in my fridge right now. but you can't compare macro and craft, it's an unfair comparison.

oni_dels