IC4 may have to take a short breather

KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired)By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
edited June 2003 in Folding@Home
There's talk of a power plant workers strike here in NY. If this happens, I'll be shutting down all my rigs to save power, including IC4 (if they don't go down on their own, that is). Chances are good that this won't happen, but with the weather in NY climbing into the 90's, I'd rather save my power for other items around the house, like my fridge and A/C.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Stop being selfish. ;)

Comments

• TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I understand TD, hopefully there will be a settlement asap. Keep us posted on what's going on.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Just think, If you turn all of the computer off you may nit need any air conditioning;)
    I am glad that my machines are a basement.
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited June 2003
    IC1 had some issues yesterday b/c it got upto 39C with the humidity, and I don't have A/C yet in the house. Maybe you could underclock her a bit TD.
    I'm worried about power outages here too, b/c apparently the province doesn't have enough power to go around.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    what part of NY r u from...i didnt hear of nething like that
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    WuGgaRoO, I live in Queens, but nothing ever came of the strike.

As soon as I get my new mobo for my main rig, the K7S5A in IC4 will be replaced by a KT3-Ultra2 with a 256MB stick of PC3200 so I'll have some overhead to overclock past the current 11x150MHz.