Bulk Volume Equalizer for Video Files wanted

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited June 2003 in Science & Tech
Does anyboy know of a utility that will take a folder's worth of random video files (MPG, AVI, etc.) and equalize the volume on them? I have dozens of cartoons for my kids, and they are all various volume levels - so once in a while my kids get their ears blown out because they cranked up the volume to hear the previous cartoon and then they freak out and ... well, it's a mess...

Comments

• DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited June 2003
    Apparently Media Player 9 does this automatically, but only with MP3's and WMA's. Read this for info:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/windowsmediaplayer/learnmore/tipsandtricks/samevolume.asp

Dexter...
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2003
    ...about that. I have grown used to MusicMatch, and they have had a volume leveling tool for a couple of years now. A number of times I have gone right to the brink of running it, but then had reservations about what it might do for (or to) the sound quality. Since this seemed like a one-way process I wanted to know more about it before i did it to my mp3 collection.

Does anyone use it and have an opinion either way?

Prof:confused:
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited June 2003
    When working with digital audio it really doesn't matter what you do with the level of the volume as long as it's nothing too extreme. As long as all the audio information is still present then reversing a simple volume lowering or highering equalisation is perfectly easy.

It's nothing to be afraid of using, just make sure you don't do anything silly like set the equalisation level overly high or overly low. If you stick within the programs guide lines and default parameters you should have no problems whatsoever.

Cheers
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2003
    I'll run it tonight. I'm interested in seeing what it will do for me.

Thanks for the input!

Prof:cool: