Max Payne 2

Bad_KarmaBad_Karma The Great White North
edited June 2003 in Gaming
Just to let everyone who was a fan of the first game, there are some new mag scans from mp2 on the net.

http://www.maxpayneheadquarters.com/

Go here to see them.
Seems they have improved the graphics a bit.(even though the scans are crappy)

Edit://
It seems that the nda's surrounding this game expire this thursday so we should see some previews pop up on the net.

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I can't wait for this game!

Damn, those screenies look good :D

Nice find BK! :beer:
  • Bad_KarmaBad_Karma The Great White North
    edited June 2003
    Shorty said
    I can't wait for this game!

Damn, those screenies look good :D

Nice find BK! :beer:

Yeah, this game is looking good and if its just as good as the first, this game is gonna rock.
    I loved playing the first one. The dialauge is hilarious; the action was great; and the graphics looked awesome when it came out.
    I wonder if they use the same engine as Half-Life 2? Or did they make their own engine for the game?
    I now have 3 on my must buy list. Half-Life 2, Doom 3, and Max Payne 2: The Fall Of Max Payne.:beer::beer::beer:

Edit:\\ Off Topic:
    Nothing like syncronized beer drinking. This should become an Olympic sport. Or at the very least rated amongst billiards and darts.
    edited June 2003
    It's gonna be a bumper end of the year for new games :D

Half-Life2, Doom III, Stalker - Oblivion Lost & Max Payne 2.

He looks older in those screenies, I get the feeling that they are gonna do a "what happened next" type of thing.

I think they just really heavily tweaked the MP engine to bring it up to date. I read somewhere (remedy forums I think) the thought behind was "if you build something right in the first place, then updating it isn't too hard a job". There's a good logic in that ;)

Synchronised beer drinking is an art in this country mate :beer::cool:
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk
    thinks they should've used the same guy as the 1st
    Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    thinks they should've used the same guy as the 1st
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I never did get into the first one. I couldn't get past the alley at the beginning (was it an alley way? or a street??) and never bothered with it.

Is it worth taking a look at number 2 do you think?
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Oh man, you didnt get into the first one. I thought it was great.

If the new one plays as good as it looks then we are in for a treat. :D
  • SlickSlick Upstate New York
    edited June 2003
    Yea I beat the first one in 9 hours. 4 hours + 1 hour at night, + another 4 hours in the morning. I just don't understand how they go from not that good of graphics to half-life 2 graphics.
    edited June 2003
    So how do you get past that dead-end street right at the beginning??
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    God, its been that long since I played it. I will re-install when I get in and have a look.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Shoot at the van and wait for some guys to come out of a basement door. I think 3 come out. After that go where they came from.
    edited June 2003
    Ah. Thanks, it's just a pity that I no longer have the game.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited June 2003
    I didn't care much for the first. It looked fantastic but it was all go into a room, Shoot the badies, go into another room, Shoot the badies. There was practically no story, By half way through i was waiting for it to get going, And it didn't. I think all the effort went into how it looked and not enough on how it played. If it looked like Max payne and played like Deus X, Now that would have been a game.

bothered.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Well maybe it seemed like a bit more sophisticated UT but the story is good. It's just how they implemented it.
    edited June 2003
    I don't like the character. It just looks like an old man. That face and bullet time don't mix :(
  • edited June 2003
    From what I have read, the main character IS Max. I dont know where you guys have heard otherwise.
    edited June 2003
    Im glad they aren't just gonna rehash the original though.

Yes, his character does look different but it's better to have a new story and new game, than just Max V2 with better graphics.
    edited June 2003
    Seems that there is more news surrounding MP2. Hopefully the online versions will hit the net soon.
    ""PCZone released their Max Payne 2 preview issue today, in which the magazine's writer Dave Woods explains aspects of the new story.

...According to Sam Lake, lead writer on both Max Payne and the sequel. "The script for the sequel is three times as big as the original. It's going to be a much deeper game and we're taking a big risk by putting him in a love story this time around. In the original we kept the story seperate so that you could blast through the game even if you didn't want to spend time with the graphic novel but this time around we're working hard to incorporate the story into the game."

Subtitled The Fall Of Max Payne, the title hints at another playful feel-good romp through the streets of New York, although it's also set in New York in the fall (read autumn), so the title isn't necessarily as dark as it sounds. Set a year after the end of the first game (all the characters that were lucky enough to survive the original are back for the sequel), the story starts with Max back in uniform, but once again standing accused of killing his former partner. Instead of shruging it off, he confesses to the murder, which sets up the whole film-noir love angle. But don't worry, Remedy hasn't gone soft on you. According to Sam Lake, The Fall Of Max Payne is "dark, tragic and violent, and mostly in Bullet-Time of course. Love hurts, and you just know there isn't going to be a happy ending? Or is there?" "

Ripped from: http://www.maxpayneheadquarters.com/

I don't know about the love story but I'm glad they will be putting alot more effort into the story line.
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited June 2003
    CyrixInstead said
    So how do you get past that dead-end street right at the beginning??

You have to sleigh the dragon on the other side of the enchanted forrest and retrieve the master sword. Then you have to go back to the haunted graveyard and use the master sword in the tomb of the great guru to ressurect him. He will take you to see the king alli baba of atreyu. Alli baba will give you a magic carpet.

use the carpet to get over the wall.
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited June 2003
    I totally agree. They need to keep the old Max Payne character model, I mean great game, lets not turn it into a Charles Bronson B movie with some old guy.

The Bruce Willis in Die Hard look works a lot better in my opinion.
    edited June 2003
    More information ripped from the magazine can be found here:

http://www.3dactionplanet.com/maxpayne/
    edited June 2003
    MORE PICTURES!!! The quality of these are much better:

http://www.maxpayneheadquarters.com/newscomments.php?news_id=398