PS2 game suggestions?

TemplarTemplar You first.
edited February 2004 in Gaming
So I've been thinking about a PS2 again for a while. I used to own one for a bit when it first came out, but decided to trade it in for store credit (doh).

So far, this is my list:

Dynasty Warriors 4
Xenosaga
dotHack series
FFVII, possibly FFX and X-2. Dunno about the X series yet.
Tenchu 3

I'll probably pick up Tenchu and Xenosaga first, since I've always wanted to play Xenosaga and Tenchu is an all time favorite (And if you're wondering, I've beaten MGS2 over and over, so I don't want to buy it again :D I had that with my first PS2)

Any other suggestions? Prefer RPGs and action, and I don't mind PS1 titles much. Thanks guys :D

Comments

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    I enjoy Devil May Cry.
  • NorgeNorge Sidney, Ohio
    edited February 2004
    I can vouch for FFX being a reall good game. It was one of the first games I bought for my PS2 and it was well worth it. I'm still working on FFX-2 but it is pretty good thus far.

As for other picks I suggest Grand Theft Auto Vice City and Soul Calibur 2. Vice City is an all around good game with a lot of replay value due to its openendedness (that's sort of a word...) and it also doesn't hurt that you can run people over and pick up hookers :D. Soul Calibur 2 is a really fun fighter game with a lot of interesting and challenging combos to learn. If you are not into the whole combo thing it makes a pretty good button masher as well. The multiplayer factor is definitly a big plus if you have someone that will play with ya.

Norge
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    Xenosaga rocks... but I haven't had too much time lately to _play_ any games.
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited February 2004
    Xenosaga, Disgaea

That is all.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    Both 'Dark Alliance' games.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    Xenosaga, Xenogears. I suggest you firm up on the FF7, and don't expect too much from X or X-2.

-drasnor :fold:
  • edited February 2004
    drasnor wrote:
    Xenosaga, Xenogears. I suggest you firm up on the FF7, and don't expect too much from X or X-2.

-drasnor :fold:

ditto except remove Xenosaga from the list
  • T-BirDT-BirD Montgomery, AL
    edited February 2004
    Dynasty Warriors 4 is a great pick - very therapeutic game :)
    Beyond Good & Evil if you can't get it for any other platform - one of the 3 best games of 2003 imho.
    Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution
    The PS2 Soul Calibur 2 is by far the weakest of the 3 versions.
    Dark Cloud 2 is supposed to be very good.
    dotHack - get them cheap...all 4 games are virtually identical with slowly evolving stories. I was tired of the repetetive gameplay by the end of the first one, and not even wanting to know how the story plays out has made me pick up and of the other 3.
    ReZ - if you can find it. Short, infinitely replayable, and an experience unlike any other!
    I thoroughly enjoyed Jak & Daxter 1 - looking forward to 2. Rachet and Clank 1 & 2 are supposed to be even better.
  • Omatic810Omatic810 Gainesville, FL
    edited February 2004
    I do not reccomend the Dot Hack series, because to me they were kinda bland. Plus, if you wanna get the whole story, you gotta buy all 4 games.

Here are my pics for the best PS2 games so far:

Disgea: Hour of Darkness - The best Strategy RPG since Final Fantasy Tactics. Funny and cool anime sequences.

Ace Combat 4 - The music is beautiful, the graphics are amazing, and the gameplay is fast-paced and it's all for a mere $20!

Xenosaga - Definetley one of the best looking RPGs of all time, and a simple-to-use battle system and great story telling (if not a little excessive) make this game an excellent alternative to Final Fantasy. Remember: only $20!!!

Final Fantasy X: This is an amazing game that really sets the bar high for RPGS to come. Deep customization and beautiful graphics with an engaging world to play in and a nice little love story to boot.

Grand Theft Auto 3/ Vice City: You already know about this one. Well here's another person telling you to buy the game.

Other Games:

Wild Arms 3 - It's an interesting game. Not as good as Xenosaga, but an interesting RPG nonetheless. If you wanna play an RPG in the Wild Wild West, go for it.

Final Fantasy X-2: Sigh... Squaresoft made this one too bubbly, to party-ish. It's a true spinoff of FFX. If you liked FFX, you should at least rent it.