edited June 2003
    Is SP4 inclusive?
    What SP do I need to be working from?
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited June 2003
    AFAIK, all windows sp are inclusive.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I'll confirm that: All SPs are inclusive - you can start from initial build, and go straight to SP4 without any intermediary service packs/patches.
  • dbergstdbergst Rockville, MD
    edited June 2003
    I'm currently downloading the network install. One note of caution for anyone who is slipstreaming a Win2k CD w/SP4 is that the support for the Microsoft VM will only be there if you upgrade an existing w2k system that has it already. I would have to assume that a clean install from a slipstreamed SP4 disk woud not get the VM installed.

If anyone has any specific SP4 problems to report, please post them here. I'm going to image my KX7-333R before applying this update, just in case.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I've installed it on three production servers so far and I've had no problems.
  • dbergstdbergst Rockville, MD
    edited June 2003
    primesuspect said
    I've installed it on three production servers so far and I've had no problems.

So far I have not seen any problems since I backed up and applied SP4 last night. The performance of the system feels "snappier" and the long shutdown time issues with several of pre-SP4 hotfixes appear to be resolved.