Networking with WPA

edited October 2004 in Science & Tech
I'm using WPA on my netgear wgr614v2 router and linksys wireless card. Now my question is before I used WPA my home network worked fine. Now since i've enabled it neither computer can see eachother, all networking settings were untouched besides enabling WPA. Any ideas?

Message I get:

\\Push\my shared folder is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the adminisitrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The network path was not found.

Comments

• edited March 2004
    Are you running a software firewall on both/one computer that may be preventing access?

KingFish
  • edited March 2004
    Nope, the firewalls are the exact same before I set up the WPA. My desktop uses Norton Firewall, and it never had problems before enabling WPA.
  • edited March 2004
    Anyone? The other computer shows up in the network list but it just wont let me log onto it. Any ideas?
  • edited October 2004
    I have the same troubles. I've been using WEP with a 128-bit key, but finally got someone knowledgable at D-Link to point me to the WinXP update I needed to enable WPA. I can still surf the web, but my wired network and my wireless network no longer communicate. :scratch: They can see each other, but that is where the love stops. Suggestions, anyone?