Back Ice Extreeme Rev 2 Question

csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
edited March 2004 in Hardware
I'm looking at specs on this rad and they look quite impressive ...mostly what appeals to me right now are physical dimensions.

My question is this ...can I mount my shroud/fan to the back side of the radiator opposite the in/out tubing? I'd like to mount it in the top of my case with the fan flush to the roof of the case with shroud beneath then radiator with hoses pointing downward.

What are your thoughts?

Features:

2-pass Double-row Low Pressure Drop Radiator specifically developed for PC watercooling based on the new high-performance Black Ice Xtreme design.

More than DOUBLE the performance at the compact Black Ice Prime form factor: rated for 790KCal per hour (3134BTU per hour) or 919Wh.

120 mm x 32 mm (4.72 inch x 1.25 inch) Double-row Copper core consisting of flat tubes for maximum heat conductivity.

High-density louvered copper fin configuration for enhanced heat dissipation

Built-in plenum chamber for increased performance and noise reduction

Self-tapping and case mounting holes for easy installation of 120mm fans

Now 12.5 mm (1/2 inch) pre-angled inlet/outlet barbed hose connectors

Compact 150.4 x 128.6 x 43mm (5.9 x 5 x 1.69 inch) dimensions allows it to fit inside most mid-tower cases

Comments

• edited March 2004
    You can mount a fan on either side or both if the mood strikes you.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    Is there anything in this size that performs as well?
  • edited March 2004
    The Black Ice Extreme is a bit thicker or the one that mtgoat got, they are all pretty nice.
  • NoFutureNoFuture In a 3D world...
    edited March 2004
    Dtek pro core. Performs better as I heard but doesnt look as good and far more cheaper.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited March 2004
    Just remeber that the higher you mount your rad in relation to the rest of the system will reduce the ability of your pump. If you look at my system you will find that center to center between all componants my system is within 3 inches of elevation so I expect little to no head loss. A system with the componants scattered all over the case and pump on the floor with rad on tthe ceiling will suffer a lot of head loss.

As to Black Ice, they are inferior and cost a lot more. If there is any way to make a D Tek pro or even the JR120 you will be ahead. I fyou end up going with a D Tek pro then I would highly recomend the Coolingworks Coolshroud as it has even better features than the D Tek shroud.