Deus ex 2

botheredbothered Manchester UK
edited March 2004 in Gaming
I know not many were impressed with the demo but did any one get the full game? I got it yesterday and have had a couple of hours on it. The graphics are not the best by any means, I had to set the res to 1280x960 to get it to look reasonable (1024x768 is normal for me). There are lots of video clips but I think these form part of a 'training level' I'm guessing it will move on and get to be a decent game once we're further into it. The inventory and biomod interface is actually quite good, just differant from the original game.
Anybody get it? what d'ya think?

Comments

• FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited March 2004
    I did on xbox and pc. I only played for a while and got bored though. I think its WAY overrated. I mainly got it because it was one of the first DX9 games. You really cant tell by looking at it tho.

I have tried to play a few times since, and it just doesnt get my attention. I am still on the first level but so far there has been NO action. Very boring IMHO.
  • NoFutureNoFuture In a 3D world...
    edited March 2004
    Founf the game Really Boring as well...
    Its no way as goog as the first, they completely screwed it up!
  • rykoryko new york
    edited March 2004
    I got it for pc like 3-4 weeks ago. I actually liked it and thought it was entertaining for a while. Very easy to beat the entire game though. I probably could have knocked it out it a weekend if i didn't do anything else.

I do agree that the first couple of missions are boring, but things pick up after a while. The good fighting happens towards the end of the game when all of your enemies have either rocket launchers or mag rails. The rocket launcher guided rocket is cool too---you can control it as long as you don't run into anything. I love firing that thing when i am hiding behind a wall or something and have the rocket come down on some poor fools head!

I do agree that there are way too many video clips where people talk to your character, but i just fast fowarded though all of that boring stuff anyway.

I did kinda like the biomod interface--except for the fact that you can only install one of three biomods at a time for each category, and if you change it you lose your previous biomod.

Overall I enjoyed playing, but i don't think it was anything spectacular. I don't really think there are many games that can justify their $50 price tag. Especially when you can beat it in about a week. I still remeber the good ol' NES days when all games were like $20 and you could play them for months. Now it just seems that every new game I get, I beat right away and end up with this strange feeling of being ripped off somehow.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited March 2004
    I'm enjoying it. True it could be better, I loved the first one, but it makes a nice change from FPSs. I like games where you have to do and solve things. I have no idea whos side I'm on, I'm just doing all the objectives I can.