Error

Kristof2Kristof2 Member
edited July 2003 in Folding@Home
How do I get rid of this error?? I get it on two of my machines at work.

K

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    do you get it for all the wu's or just every now and then?
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Did your work start running a firewall?
  • tychotycho Santa Barbara, California!
    edited July 2003
    check the server page to see if the server you are trying to send the results to is down, it happens sometimes
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    I have seen this error so much its untrue. Its one of 2 things, either the server has gone down which they are trying to send it to, or the server is blocked by your companies firewall.

-Solution, Copy the queue.dat out of your folding@home folder and file that says wuresults07 (or something like that) out of your work folder. Email them home and try to send them from home using the -send all command. Remember to make a copy of your folding@home folder and do it from the copy. Dont want you losing your WU you are doing at home do we ;)
  • Kristof2Kristof2 Member
    edited July 2003
    I just checked and it looks like it tried 4 times on this Protein.

01:58:28
    07:58:49
    13:59:10
    19:59:52

Looks like every Six hours.

Kristof2
    edited July 2003
    Necropolis_uk said
    -Solution, Copy the queue.dat out of your folding@home folder and file that says wuresults07 (or something like that) out of your work folder. Email them home and try to send them from home using the -send all command. Remember to make a copy of your folding@home folder and do it from the copy. Dont want you losing your WU you are doing at home do we ;)

If I copy it out of the folder won't it keep trying to send it here at work??
    edited July 2003
    Yep, it will try to resend every 6 hours till it sends it.

-To answer your question, I should have said move the wuresults file and copy the queue.dat. My mistake, trying to type to damn quick. Think yourself lucky, there was a time when I was sending about 8 a night home, alot more on a Mondays after the weekends folding. That was before we ironed the bugs out :D
    edited July 2003
    Necropolis_uk said
    Yep, it will try to resend every 6 hours till it sends it.

-To answer your question, I should have said move the wuresults file and copy the queue.dat. My mistake, trying to type to damn quick. Think yourself lucky, there was a time when I was sending about 8 a night home, alot more on a Mondays after the weekends folding. That was before we ironed the bugs out :D

OK that makes more sense. Thanks for all the quick replies guys.
    Have one on me!:beer:

Kristof2
    edited July 2003
    Dont worry about it, thats what we are here for :D

Just glad someone else can learn from my pain ;D (and it was pain, collecting WU's from 8 machines every day)
  • BuiesCreek847BuiesCreek847 In a van, down by the river, NC Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    If it's of any help, I too have a bunch of WUs stacking up in queue (10 ATM). I posted a thread in Folding-Community.org asking if there was a bug with server .110 and .111. Bruce refered me to a thread that Vj had posted where he's talking about some DNS issues that Stanford is having. It appears that some of the issues remain and may carry over when they move into a new building. Vj has posted just recently that some problems persist and they hope to get them fixed soon. Initially, he says it'll effect the stats, but agreed it's affecting some servers.

Is it posible something's up with .110? (Link)

Still resolving DNS issue -- service will be on and off (Link)

DNS update (Link)
  • CryptoCrypto W.Sussex UK Member
    edited July 2003
    I got the same error message with a WU that refused to send for over a week. It turned out that it was trying to use port 80 instead of 8080.

For some reason my home network (SMC Barricade router) dosen't like that.

I edited the queue.dat file with a hex editor to change to port 8080 and waya it went :)

Cheers

Crypto :D