WHo likes WC3?

WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
edited July 2003 in Gaming
I love the game...do you??

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    I hate it....dunno why. I kinda like the SP campaigns, but i R h8 the mp part :/
  • ReignReign New York
    edited July 2003
    I love it. :D
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited July 2003
    Man I loved Wc2 when the battle.net edition came out, when I was in the 8th grade me and my friend would skip school just to stay at home and play over battle.net it was the only game that wouldn't lag on our 56k back then. I have wc3 but do not have it installed on my computer however.
  • Superducky55Superducky55 Michigan
    edited July 2003
    i tried hard to get into it, as i normally love blizzard's games.
    Just didn't work. i dont like it
    ill give the expansion a try :)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2003
    If I get a game I like I tend to play it like crazy. I played WC1 & Expansion, WC2 & Expansion all the way through (same for Starcraft & Broodwar - Blizzard has lots of my dough).

For some reason, WC3 just hasn't caught my interest yet. My nephew, on the other hand, has to be physically restrained to keep him away from it.

Prof

PS: If you haven't done so already, please give us your input in the “Utilities Discussion – Week2” thread under General Software!!! This week we are asking for your recommended programs in these categories: HD Speed benchmark, CD Drive Speed Benchmark, Video Performance benchmark:nudge:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Warcraft 3 is great at LAN parties.

Frozen Throne is even better.
  • T-BirDT-BirD Montgomery, AL
    edited July 2003
    I thought it was alright, but I never got beyond the early Orc campaign missions...it just didn't hold my interest after that.

I prefer the Age of Empires/Kings/Mythology series and Rise of Nations.

However, I keep meaning to try some of these RPG style Diablo-esque WC3 mods out there for download...
  • KilJaedenKilJaeden USA
    edited July 2003
    The only thing that I do not like about it is the fact that there are heros in ladder multiplayer. I thought it was cool at first, but I soon changed my mind. Also I hate that the supply limit is so low. And there are still balance issues.
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    i love that game, mainly for the use map setting maps, i also love almost all the games from blizzard, they are a great company.
    edited July 2003
    T-BirD said
    I thought it was alright, but I never got beyond the early Orc campaign missions...it just didn't hold my interest after that.

I prefer the Age of Empires/Kings/Mythology series and Rise of Nations.

However, I keep meaning to try some of these RPG style Diablo-esque WC3 mods out there for download...

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but for me, Age Of Empires II (Expansion) is THE game. (Just finished playing!)

How does Age Of Mythology stack up, in you opinion?

Prof
  • WahoogieWahoogie Marietta, GA, USA
    edited July 2003
    I thought Age of Mythology sucked... I was a huge fan of the age series, it was a complete letdown.

Warcraft III was fun for a little while, but I just lost intrerest in it fairly quickly, unlike the rest of blizzards games. I'll pick up the new expansion just because I support blizzard, but I'm not really expecting a revolution.
    edited July 2003
    Wahoogie said
    I thought Age of Mythology sucked... I was a huge fan of the age series, it was a complete letdown.

Warcraft III was fun for a little while, but I just lost intrerest in it fairly quickly, unlike the rest of blizzards games. I'll pick up the new expansion just because I support blizzard, but I'm not really expecting a revolution.

I was a little surprised at myself, since I didn't run right out and buy AOM. I think it's because I am not as into the "Champion/Superhero" type of game as I am the overall civ building stuff. Plus, I've never been very interested in the magical powers stuff. I didn't even care for the clerics that much, and used them minimally.

That's probably why I didn't go nutzo over WC3.

Prof
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Not played it. If I still had mates that lived localy then I probably would have played it at a LAN party, but woe, times have changed and I dont have any geeky friends anymore :(

NS
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    g33k5 r 1337
  • JLunarJLunar the t dot.
    edited July 2003
    Didn't love it. It was okay. Had more fun with WC2. Prettier graphics, better story, just not as fun. go figure. I'm waiting for someone to sell me their used FT disc. I don't play online, so I just want to get the rest of the story.

I should have just made some time to play the beta of FT that I had.
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    I've been meaning to reply to this thread for weeks, but I keep getting side-tracked.

Anyway, what I have to say is I don't love it, I'm actually bit dissapointed, but I'm loyal to the game and I'm still giving it a chance. Meaning, I haven't played all facets of the game yet, e.g. battle.net, (I have on LAN though), so my opinion may still change. I loved WC2, probably my favorite game of all time, but I don't feel the same way with WC3.

I even bought the Frozen Throne the day it came out from Best Buy and got the "action figure" to go with it. Yet, I still never played past the first level of the campaign, nor have I yet played my first MP game. But I've been busy, and I still haven't got around to playing any game for that matter. Eventually I will get around to playing it online, which is probably the reason why I loved WC2 so much. That is, because of mulitplayer. One of these days I'll swallow my pride and get my assed kicked on battle.net, but untill then, I need to get better at the game.